Monday, October 12, 2020

Best Wishes - Always Welcome

Hello there! Spellbinders October 2020 Large Die of the Month, Always Welcome die set which features 18 cutting dies is a fantastic set and so fun to personalize. For my card I used the best wishes to make a birthday card but the die set comes with dies to create different holiday scenes as well.
To create my card I started out by die cutting the main door piece and door panels using some so saffron card stock. After that I used some white card stock and die cut the surrounding columns, the window in the door and small envelope. I also used some gray card stock for the porch. I embossed all of my die cut pieces by using my die cutting machine and embossing mat so that the wonderful detail of the dies stands out.
Next I used some black card stock to die cut the wishes welcome mat, the word Best and the pieces for the columns. After that I die cut the detail pieces like the mail slot, window and doorknob from silver card stock and the wreath from new leaf and simply chartreuse card stock.
 
Before assembling, I adhered the gray porch onto a white card base and then I trimmed down the yellow door leaving a quarter inch all around it and adhered that tucked behind the porch step. Next I used foam tape and added the columns, and the white piece above the door and the welcome mat. Once that was done I added the remaining pieces including the wreath which I added with more foam tape.

No comments: