Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Sending Good Thoughts - (CTD474)

Happy New Year!!!  Welcome to my first post of the year! I hope all of you had a great holiday spent with family and friends and are ready to get creative again (maybe with some new stamping supplies?).  Today I’m sharing the card I created for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge #474.  We have a neutral color palette of Gray, Ivory and Black to create with and a lovely inspiration photo with birds
I used a new Flora and Fauna stamp set that Santa brought me for Christmas to create my card, I thought the Aviary Love Set with the bird images would work nicely for the challenge this week. 
I stamped the stem, bird and heart images from the set onto a white die cut Stitched Mini Scallop Square Stax and colored the images using Copic markers. I used a white card base and adhered a smoky shadow panel of cardstock which I had randomly stamped with the matching stem image in basic gray ink.  Next I added my stamped scalloped square with foam tape and a strip of black cardstock which I embossed my sentiment using white embossing powder and tied on some twine.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Debra James - January Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.


Flora and Fauna AVIARY LOVE Clear Stamp Set 20158

My Favorite Things STITCHED MINI SCALLOP SQUARE STAX Die-Namics MFT806

3 comments:

Susie said...

Lynn, this is lovely! I really like the stamp set and how you translated the throw down colors with it - perfect for this time of year. Beautifully designed.

Debbie Br said...

Really lovely card! Just being a newbie Copic colorer, could you share the colors you used? Thanks

Amy Rohl said...

This is so serenely beautiful, Lynn! I am putting that stamp set on my wish list!