Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Bird Collage - (CTD475)

Hello, hello!  I hope you’re doing well today!  Before I get to today’s post, I wanted to say thank you to all of those you left such incredibly sweet comments on my Gran’s Garden Card Collection post for those three days.
Today is Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge!  Our colors for this week’s challenge are Navy, Aqua and Pink.
 For my card today, I used the Flora & Fauna stamp sets, Aviary Love and Oh Hello Friend and stamped a collage of images onto watercolor paper and did some loose watercoloring.  Working with these sets is so fun because so many of the images work together and you can really get creative.  I usually start out by choosing the images I’d like to work with and then stamp them out onto my paper mat I have on my work station that way I can see what might work well.  
For my card, I die cut a piece of watercolor paper using the Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle die and then stamped my images.  I started out stamping the bird image first and then my three main flowers.  I created a mask for the two larger flowers and the bird image by stamping them onto copy paper, cutting them out and adding a bit of repositionable adhesive on the backs.  So after stamping the bird and main flowers, I covered them up with the masks and stamped my leaves, stems, butterfly and remaining images and had fun watercoloring, and by having a mask for the bird and flowers I was also able to add some splatters of paint at the end without getting any on my main images.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Debra James - January Guest Designer

No comments: