Friday, August 15, 2008

Rainbow Bright!

Anyone who visits my blog knows that I like bright colors, well this time I really used a lot of em! I wanted to make a card using the stamp set Seasonal Whimsy with out it being stamped in just one color, so I started playing around using different colors and this is what I came up with. I haven't made my mind up as to whether I really like this card or not, I was just having fun! Using glossy white paper and a Versa Mark pad, I heat embossed the image in black, then I sponged on color.


Supplies: Seasonal Whimsy, Whimsy Wheel (BG), Ribbon, Black embossing powder, Sponges, Piercer w/mat, Pop dots. Colors: Basic Black, Real Red, Summer Sun, Green Galore, Brocade Blue, Glossy White.



Here's a joke for you, but have to promise that you'll laugh:


Q: What's black and red and white all over?



A: A zebra with a rash!


LOL

7 comments:

Danni said...

You know I love your bright colors and this is no exception!
It really all works together.

Deb Wood said...

LOL! (I promised). Great card, love how you did the image and the sentiment is lovely!!

Anonymous said...

I don't always like bright colors, but this card is a beauty!
cindyb

Kim said...

Beautiful card! I love bright colors too and love how you added the extra color with your stamped image...that looks so cool!
hee hee you joke was funny too!
Hugs~ Kim

Jessy said...

This is BEAUTIFUL. what a great technique. Your blog is amazing. I'll be back to visit for sure!!

Dani said...

Excellent technique for adding color! I love this card, so bright and fun!

Unknown said...

How did I miss this? I love the bright colors you used. Such a cute card!