Sunday, April 14, 2013

SSSC#182 - Chubby Chums Happy Birthday

 Good morning!  Are you ready for today's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge?  I hope so because it's a fun one.  I pulled out my Paper Smooches Chubby Chums stamp set because lately I'm in need of something fun and quirky and this image fit the bill.
After coloring my bird image with Copic markers, I paired him with some retired SU designer paper, an embossed background, ribbon, my happy birthday banner and some buttons.  I also added some Glossy Accents to his eyes (maybe too much, he looks bug eyed, lol) for some added detail.  Click on the image below for a close up view.
Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using the SSS sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse 
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell 
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing
Dawn Easton: Treasure Oiler Designz 
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Lori Tecler: Inking Aloud
Melissa Hubert: My Paper Obsession
Tracy Clemente: Eat Sleep Stamp

Please welcome our guest stamper:
Eileen Ng: Love in Envelope
 
 Have a wonderful day!
 
Pin It

12 comments:

Lesley said...

That chubby chick is super cute in blue! Such a fun card Lynn!

Lisa Lynn said...

That image is just adorable, and love your color choice. What a fun card!

Vicki Stys said...

Such a fun card, Lynn! Great design elements as usual! I think I need to take a cue from you and pull out some retired paper... I have so much of it! :)

Karen Giron said...

Everything you make is just golden! I love the bright, happy color combo and this little birdie is so cute! The sentiment is amazing with the button accents too. Fab!!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE this guy! He's so quirky and perfectly fun! I love his glossy bug eyes too!

Vicki Burdick said...

OH MY Lynn, this is super sweet and oh so quirky, LOVE it!! I love how you did the sentiment and the buttons are fabulous. I think I have some of that paper still, I need to pull it out!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my that is such a cute image Lynn!

Tracy said...

How stinkin' cute is this? I love PS and the bright colors you used. My favorite is the buttons. I love how you placed them.

Lori said...

Too cute, Lynn! Love the bright color scheme.

Dawn Easton said...

eek! So cute, Lynn! Love the fun colours you used. Especially those pattern papers!

Anonymous said...

Soooooo stinkin cute!!! Both of my girls would absolutely love to have this card & they would say to me, "ohhhhh, he's sooooo adorable!!!" --- lol --- :))
Super sweet, made me smile!!

Dana White said...

This is such a sweet image and I love the buttons you added