Saturday, January 17, 2009

4 Hearts Basket

I'm back......after being really sick since last Tuesday morning, I'm still sick but the achy fevery feeling is gone thank God. I haven't been this sick in a long long time and even though I'm still congested in my head and chest I think the worst has past. We have been having some bitter cold temperatures with snow here in Michigan as I type this the snow is coming down and its suppose to continue into the night with a total of 6-7 more inches of snow.


I haven't played around with the new Love You Much stamp set that I recently got from Stampin' Up but today I wanted to make something using the large heart from the set, so I made a basket.
Looking at the basket it looks like all I did was stamp four hearts and attach the bottoms of the hearts to a base, but actually I measured out the base of the box on a sheet of Real Red card stock and stamped the hearts to overlap onto the base so that the whole basket would be one piece and be stronger. Then I stamped two hearts onto white card stock, colored the flowers with my aqua brush and taped them over two of the red hearts. The base of the box is 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" then I measured a 1/2" out to create a bottom edge for the basket. I cut and scored the base and cut around the hearts, then punched small holes so that the hearts could be tied together with ribbon. The handle for the basket is 8"x 3/4" and was attached with Tacky Tape which I also used to assemble the base. I used a punched out heart and a flower brad at the base of the handle on each side of the basket to finish it off.
Supplies: Love You Much, Heart punch, Flower brads, Ribbon, Tacky Tape, Hole punch, Aqua brush. Colors: Real Red, Whisper White.

32 comments:

Tina said...

Lynn, this is incredible!

Danni said...

I hope you get to feeling 100% better soon!!
Love this, what a clever idea!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a terrific project. Looking at the finished one, I would have guessed this was complicated and time consuming, but your directions make it sound easy.

Susana M said...

Hey Lynn what a versatile project :o) Love it glad to hear you are feeling better :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Kimmie said...

This is such an awesome idea!

How are you feeling? And how is your mom doing?

Ann Kranitz said...

Lynn, This is really adorable and you gave great directions. Feel better and stay warm.

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is so stinkin' cute...FAB idea girl! Glad to hear you are getting well...take care of yourself!

Tammi said...

What a cute heart candy box, neat idea! Feel better soon, and when you do stop by my blog! ;)
Hugs!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Now THAT is an adorable project! Love it :-) Glad you're feeling better.

Stamp and Smile said...

Just fantastic!!! I love it... YUMM-O!!! Smiles :)

Sue from Oregon said...

What a super cute idea! I might have to try this too! I am working on some heart projects I hope to share this week...Thanks for the inspiration and for visiting my blog too!

Melissa Sauls said...

You are definitely back!! Super cute project. Thanks so much for sharing and so glad you are feeling better. :)

Javablustamper said...

Super CUTE creation! I LOVE it! I am so sorry you were sick!! I can SO relate to that! Glad you are feeling better & hope you continue to get beter! Thanks for sharing and take care!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! This is so cute and clever! Thank you for sharing this - it's fabulous!!

LeAnne said...

Adorable! A wonderful project for my Feb stamp clubs!
LeAnne

Christi Flores said...

OMG Lynn this is fantastic!!!

Anki said...

So sweet and what a fun project! Hope you are feeling much better. Kramis - Anki

Anki said...

Congratulations also to the blog candy from Tammi! How wonderful!
Kram - Anki

Kim said...

Glad you are feeling better - hope you are 100% SOON! Adorable heart box - fabulous idea!

Dani said...

This is such a cute idea! You always come up with the best stuff! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Lynn, this is fabulous!! Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better!!

Hugs, K

Jeannie said...

It just couldn't be more adorable!! I'll have to add this to my list of things to try. I can think of many different things to use besides hearts for just about any holiday! Glad you're feeling a bit better!

Jeannie

stampingtink said...

How cute! What a great idea! I love that you can put just about anythintg in it! Love the colors and you make it look simple to put together. Love it!

Glad you're feeling better!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh, Lynn, I hope you're feeling better soon! Your basket is darling!! I just got this set from Stampin' Up!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I will use this to make baskets for my girl scouts for Valentine's Day. Thank you for sharing your talent. Linda

Nancy Riley said...

Lynn, this is one brilliant little basket! Too cute, and incredibly clever!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is this!!! I've been searching for just the right Val. day project and this is it!!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful box. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm definitely going to make one of these.

Hope you are now feeling better.

Christina Hill said...

Absolutely adorable. I must make one for my little apprentice.

Anonymous said...

this is a seriously cute basket. I love it and will have to make one myself!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for the instructions - I'm having lots of fun making one tonight.

Kim said...

great project! this will be on my inspiration blog post. thanks for sharing