Wednesday, January 20, 2021

With Sympathy - CTD626

Good morning! Thanks for stopping by! It’s Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge. Our colors for this week are plum, cream and black and we hope you’ll take the time to play along.
For my card, I used the Altenew stamp set Painted Flowers along with the coordinating Painted Flowers dies to create a sympathy card. I started out by using a rectangle stencil and blending on some antique linen distress oxide ink. Once that was done I used my Misti tool and stamped my sentiment from the Painted Greetings stamp set.
Once my background and sentiment were stamped, I stamped my flowers on some white card stock using pale plum, dusty concord and elegant eggplant inks and stamped the leaves using antique linen distress ink, stamping off the main layer of the leaf, then I die cut all of the flowers. I arranged my die cut flowers around my sentiment and then stamped some of the extra leaves and stems directly on my card base. I popped up three of the flowers with foam tape and adhered the remaining flowers. I added some iridescent plum colored sequins and some glitter on the flowers to finish off my card.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: