Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Floral Fantasy - CTD511

Hello! I’m here with my card for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge #511. We have some beautiful colors for our challenge this week and we hope you’ll play along.
For my card, I used the Altenew stamp set Floral Fantasy and Floral Fantasy dies to create a birthday card. To make my card, I started out with a piece of watercolor paper and blended on some crushed olive and stormy sky distress ink, then I inked up two of the leaf stamps with the same distress inks and stamped them along the outer edges of my blended panel. After that I used my paintbrush and added some water droplets, let them sit for a minute and then lifted them with paper towel. Once that was done, I die cut three of the roses and stamped them. For the large top rose I used Altenew ink, Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Rubellite and Razzleberry and for the two other roses I used SU ink pretty in pink, regal rose and apricot appeal and pumpkin pie. For one of the die cut leaves I used simply chartreuse. I stamped my sentiment, which is from the Painted Greetings set, in black ink using my Misti tool then adhered my stems and flower popping up the large berry colored one with foam tape, then glued on some iridescent sequins.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Kolling - September Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous!! You are a paper florist :)!

Michelle said...

Beautiful!