Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Floral Fantasy - CTD490

Good morning! Happy Wednesday! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge, for this week’s challenge we have the colors of pink, lavender, sage and light gray.
 For my card, I used the Altenew stamp set Floral Fantasy along with the coordinating Floral Fantasy dies. I kept my card clean and simple so the flowers would really pop. I used a white card base and stamped my happy birthday sentiment from the Altenew Painted Greetings set up along the top of my card. Next I die cut a bunch of the flowers and leaves to stamp, I went with a little more vibrant colors than the inspiration photo for this week shows because I love color. For my large pink rose, I used the Altenew Cherry Blossom ink set which is a set of 4 ink cubes that are just perfect for stamping from light to dark for a multiple step stamped flower like this. This is the first time using Altenew ink and I have to say that I really like it. For my purple/lavender roses, I used lavender lace (SU) and royal velvet ink and for the leaves I used going gray and ocean tides. I used my Misti tool to stamp the roses which made lining everything up a snap. Once my stamping was done, I adhered everything onto my card front popping up the pink rose with foam tape then added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and a touch of Wink of Stella glitter pen onto the leaves.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Cheiron Brandon - March Guest Designer

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love your card the stamps and the colors. The flowers DO pop right off the card, such a pretty stamp set.
Gosh do I really need to order another floral set, Yep think I gotta have it, so pretty. I like how the flowers are the entire card nothing else needed, well your sentiment which is perfect!
Thanks for sharing and your "how to" make this card.