Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Skating by to Say.. - (CTD455)

Hello there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge and we have some fun pastel party colors to create with.  For this week's challenge, I made two cards using the sweet Avery Elle stamp set Skating By and the coordinating Skating By dies.
Both cards have the same layouts and supplies, I just switched up the Copic marker coloring on each one.  I started out with a white card base, then added a pretty in pink cardstock panel that I die cut using the Lawn Fawn Outside-In Stitched Rectangle Stackables die.  Next I die cut two rectangle watercolor paper pieces using the same die as my pink panel and watercolored in aqua blue and pink on both.  Once my watercolor pieces were dry, I lined them up in my Misti tool and stamped my sentiment.  After that I stamped two of the skater girl images and the balloons onto white cardstock and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out using the coordinating dies.  I adhered my rectangle watercolored panels with foam tape and also adhered my images with foam tape other than the third balloon on my first card.  I added three iridescent sequins on each card and used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to added glitter to the bow, dress, socks and skates on both images.  These cards were so fun to make, I love how girly they are with the pinks, purple and aqua colors from this week's CTD challenge.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Sheri Gilson - August Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.


Avery Elle Clear Stamp SKATING BY 023789

2 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

STAHP with the cuteness! LOVE this little girl and your flawless coloring and layout!

Brawny x said...

Absolutely gorgeous x