Wednesday, November 9, 2016

So Thoughtful - (CTD418)

Hello!  I'm hostess for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge and I've chosen some fall/Thanksgiving colors that I hope all of you will like.  I pulled the colors from the photo below and went with orange, rust, teal and copper (either metallic copper or a color close to copper).
For my card I used the Altenew stamp set Bamboo Rose and did some heat embossing with copper embossing powder.  Once I stamped and embossed my roses onto watercolor paper, I used some pumpkin pie, terra-cotta tile, tropical teal and aqua mist inks to watercolor.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set, It's the Thought for my sentiment and heat embossed that in copper onto tropical teal cardstock.  
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Marisa Ritzen - November Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

So beautiful!

Lisa H. said...

OMG! LYNN!!! your card is stunning! absolutely stunning. those flowers are watercolored to perfection and the pop of teal is awesome. great color this week. thanks for sharing.

Wanda Cullen said...

My jaw dropped when I saw this gorgeous card in the gallery! LOVE your loose watercoloring and love the copper embossed look!

Mary said...

This is lovely! Beautiful color combo and I really like the soft watercoloring combined with the copper embossing!

Broni said...

Wow! What a great card! I love how the colors pop with that copper embossing!!