Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Christmas Cheer - (CTD421)

 Hello there!  I hope all of you in the US had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I haven't been blogging lately because we host Thanksgiving at our house every year and this year, between driving to pick up our daughter from college, preparing for Thanksgiving and trying to get a lot of Christmas activities done while our daughter was home, I just haven't had the time.  Can you believe that tomorrow is the first of December?  I'm hoping we can put up our Christmas tree this weekend.
There's a new color challenge over at the Color Throwdown and we hope you'll take the time to play along!
 For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets, Painted Poinsettias and Seasons Greetings to make a nontraditional Christmas card using the pretty colors from this week's CTD challenge. 
I've recently had to do an update on my Mac computer and now my photo editing is different, sometimes different is good but this is not.  I'm sure it's user error but for some reason I can't get accurate colors when editing my photos, so just imagine that what you see is lavender lace cardstock and ink along with royal velvet, hawaiian shores, simply chartreuse, handsome hunter and daffodil delight inks.  I started out by using some hawaiian shores ink to do some watercoloring onto a piece of watercolor paper.  Next I stamped my two poinsettias in lavender lace and royal velvet with the centers stamped in daffodil delight and iridescent Stickles added.  The leaves I stamped in simply chanteuse with stamping off for the first layer, then fully inked for the second and finally handsome hunter ink for the veins in the leaves.  I adhered my stamped pieces to my hawaiian shores watercolored piece popping up the smaller poinsettia, then added a black cardstock mat.  With all of the busyness with my flowers and watercoloring, I kept my card base and background simple by adding a piece of lavender lace cardstock with a strip of simply chartreuse toward the bottom.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Marisa Ritzen - November Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

4 comments:

Lisa H. said...

gorgoeus! those layered flowers are beautiful!

Tara said...

Even if you say the colors are not quite right, it is still beautiful!

Wanda Cullen said...

Sounds like you've been SUPER busy and it probably won't slow down any time soon! Love your vibrant poinsettias!

Stampingcountry said...

Beautiful, your flowers taken on a contemporary look with the color challenge color.