Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Bold Blossoms Birthday - (CTD383)

Hello there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge #383.  Our hostess for this week is Broni who chose our cheerful color palette and inspiration photo. 
For my card, I used a piece of watercolor paper and stamped my sentiment in black palette ink, then using a circle die I lightly traced a circle about the size of my die cut wreath so I would know where to watercolor in some mustard seed distress ink.  Once my watercoloring was mostly dry, I added some splatters of marmalade distress ink for a bit more color.  One of the things you can't see from the pictures of my card today is that the watercolored yellow actually has a gold shimmer to it when the light hits it.  This happened by accident because right before I made this card, I was working with some Martha Stewart gold metallic paint and had cleaned my brushes in my water cup.  So when I did my watercoloring for this card the metallic paint mixed with the yellow, it's a pretty touch and I will try this again for sure.  While my watercoloring was drying, I die cut and stamped my flowers, leaves, bird and wreath adding Copic marker detail to the wreath and flowers.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Bold Blossoms, Winter Woods, Graceful Greetings and the wreath die.  Once everything was dry, I arranged and adhered everything to my card front, popping the largest flower with foam tape and added three sequins.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rysavy
Leslie Miller - March Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Lynn! I love it -- especially how you tucked in the bird to your pretty wreath!

Luanne said...

I think I pin every card you make Lynn! This is just fabulous!

Broni said...

Perfect use of the colors as usual, Lynn! Love that watercolored background and all the dimension and texture!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really gorgeous Lynn!!

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous use of these colors! Bold and beautiful, but nicely balanced. Frankly, I absolutely love the citrusy colors. So cute to do a wreath. Cool watercolor background. Interesting about the metallic ink mixing. Nice effect!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers...this is gorgeous! Love the little bird tucked in with the flowers!

Jodi Collins said...

SO beautiful Lynn! That watercolored background is stunning, and I LOVE those flowers!