Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Exciting News!

Hello there, crafty friends!  I've got some exciting news to share, I was asked by the talented ladies of The Color Throwdown if I would like to come back as a Color Throwdown Designer, and of course I said yes.  I was a CTD design team member a few years ago (from 2011-2013) but ended up stepping down because of work and demands at home, but now I'm so happy to be able to join team again.  

The Color Throwdown team is starting the new year with a fresh new look and few new members so be sure to stop by and check it out and join in the fun!
Our pretty colors and inspiration photo for our first Color Throwdown of 2016 was chosen by our team mate Broni.
For my card, I used the fun and quirky My Favorite Things stamp set Cat-itude along with the coordinating Die-namics.  I started out with a white card base, then added a panel of aqua mist which I had embossed the lower half with polka dots.  Then I added a strip of orange polka dot paper from my stash along with a vertical piece of white card stock which I punched at one end using a Martha Stewart border punch.  Next I die cut and colored the adorable cats using Copic markers and added them to my card front with foam adhesive.  Underneath the cats I added my sentiment banner and as a final detail I added a few orange sequins.
Pin It


Be sure to visit the rest of the Color Throwdown design team members below for more inspiration using this week's colors.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

10 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Thrilled to have you back on the team! I always love your work and this card is just so adorable!

Lisa H. said...

yay! so happy to be designing together again. There you go rockin' those kitties again. Love this! So happy to be on this team.

Tammy Hershberger said...

A-DOR-able card, Lynn! Your coloring on those kitties is FANTASTIC! So glad you rejoined the team!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I love how you colored those super cute cats, Lynn...they look absolutely purrfect!!!!! I'm so excited you have come back home...yay!!!!

Vickie Z said...

I think you left right after I started!! So thrilled you came back!! These kitties are too sweet... Fabulous coloring!!

Jodi Collins said...

OK...let me start by saying YAY!! I am THRILLED you are on the CTD as I LOVE you to pieces!!! YAY! Now, this card is AMAZING! You know how to rock this set, that's for SURE! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love how you used these colors! Your card is just so cute! And welcome back!!!!!

Pam Sparks said...

love how you're coloring these cute cats! Darling card Lynn

Barbara said...

Obviously MFT designed this set for YOU, Lynn because you have rocked it every.single.time!! Sweet coloring and a darling layout: win-win! And let me say one more time how stinking happy we are to have you return to the team!

Broni said...

Absolute perfection!!! That's what this card is! I'm so glad you're back on the CTD team!