Wednesday, September 11, 2013

CTD#259/RS80 - Fall Thinking of You

 Hi there!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!  Our hostess for this week is Melody who chose this wonderful fall color palette and inspiration photo.
I do believe this is my first official fall themed card for this year, it's got me in the mood for cooler weather (it was close to 90 here today).  For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Happy Hexagons and Autumn Acorns along with the coordinating dies.  I also used this week's Retro Sketches Challenge #80, but ended up flipping the sketch and instead of doing strips of card stock I went with hexagons.
Be sure to visit the other Color Throwdown design team members for more inspiration using this week's color challenge!
 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Denise Marzec - The Paper Landscaper
 
Our September Guest Designer
Susan Roberts - Rainy Day Creations
 
Pin It

7 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome card, Lynn! LOVE the hexagons and all the patterns within!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a stunning creation!! Loving all the details and textures.

Unknown said...

Wow, this card is amazing. It has to be the most outstanding I have seen this Fall!

Vickie Z said...

Lynn...love the hex background and all the stamped inserts!! Oh...those banners make me smile!! Fab card!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet idea to stamp the little fall images in the pieced hexagons! Love your interpretation of the retro sketch!

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/09/52-card-pickup-237.html

Lori said...

This is fabulous, Lynn! Love how you used the hexagon cover plate.