Wednesday, November 2, 2011

CTD#166 - Snowman Merry Christmas

Hello there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown (CTD166)Danielle has some great colors for us to work with this week and all of us on the design team hope you'll find time to play along.

 In all honesty I wasn't quite sure how much I would like these colors, but you know what after creating this card I not only like them but love this combination.  I guess that's why challenging yourself to try new things is always good, because you never know whether you really do like something until you try. 

For my card I used some new goodies, the PTI Snowman die and coordinating Snowman Assesories stamp set along with the Wonderful Words Holiday set.  The idea to have this fun snowman holding the banner/sentiment and the general design of this card was inspired by Lisa Johnson's adorable card.  As soon as I saw Lisa's snowman card I knew I had to have this new die and stamp set (I was sold)...it's so sweet!  I'm usually not one to case someone elses work, which I hadn't set out to do when I started creating my card but I guess Lisa's snowman card was set in my mind.  If you click on the close up shot below you can see where I added some flock and glitter to the top of his hat, scarf and the snowflake.

Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Carole Burrage - Mother's Little Helper
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Keva Brown - How Now Brown Kow
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations

A warm welcome to the newest CTD design team member Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri and our Guest Designer for November/December - Lydia Fiedler - Understand Blue

Thank you for your visit!

24 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

That is REALLY cute!

Vicki Stys said...

Wow, Lynn... what a completely fabulous card!! Love those PTI dies!! Great job on the color challenge (of course!) : )

Dawn Easton said...

eek! Lynn, this is so freakin' adorable!! Makes me giggle! Love the idea of him holding the sentiment!! Brilliant!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Lynn....this is just the cutest little snowman EVAH!!!! Love how you added the scarf with the fringe and the sentiment looks awesome!!!

Keva said...

There is nothing about this card I don't love! This is so so so cute!

Joyce said...

Perfectly cute! Love every detail.

dpkennedy said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I love these colors for your snowman and the sign he is holding is perfect! Love it!

Karen Giron said...

Holy cow, Lynn! This is the cutest snowman ever and I am totally digging those holiday words - so cute!!!

Kerri said...

This is too CUTE!!! I, like everybody else, am LOVING this card! I got the holiday word dies, but now I'm thinking I need the stamp set and the snowman and...

Wanda Cullen said...

As you already know from our chat earlier in the week, this card is LOVED by us all! You really rocked these colors and I am going to have to check out those large die greetings...love it!

Broni said...

You KNOW how much I LOVE this snowman card, Lynn! And if I had those dies I would CASE YOUR card!! It's awesome!!

Barbara said...

Yep, you already know how much we love this, Lynn! Awesome design and fabulous take on the colors!

Lori said...

Lynn, this is just too cute! Love all the little details on the snowman.

Holly Saveur said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card its so super cute!!!

Ally said...

Fabulous card! I love it!! ;-)

Laura Pryor said...

I don't even know what to say! You've totally sold me on the products used on this card!! NOW on the top of my list AND the leaves on the card posted above this too!! You enabler, You!!! ADORABLE!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

You're starting to make ME want those Wonderful Words dies, too! This is the cutest snowman ever, Lynn! Fabulous card!

NatQuebec said...

it's so cute !

Marlena M. said...

Adorable guy. I love what you did with this set! ;)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a cute card! I love how you did his scarf! And the sign is just precious!

Unknown said...

I adore this card! I may have to case it myself :)

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh, now THIS is adorable!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Saw this on Pinterest and had to pop over -- Excellent job with the colors -- this is just too fun!!

Tresa Black said...

Love the colors on this card so much! Used the color combo on a card of my own on my blog, thanks for the inspiration! Added a link in my blog post to your blog, gave you credit, of course.