Wednesday, October 19, 2011

CTD164 - Happy Halloween

It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge (CTD164). 
Broni has some fun colors for us this week which immediately brought to mind Halloween when I saw them but I can't wait to see how everyone uses them.

For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Friendship Jar & Friendship Jar Fall Fillers along with some PTI Halloween designer paper.  After stamping and coloring this fun Halloween image with Copic markers I pulled inspiration from it and used the star designer paper and strips of pumpkin pie and rich razzleberry cardstock just like the witches stockings.  It's difficult to see from the photo above but I used Spica glitter pen on the swirls coming out of the jar and dazzling diamonds on all of the stars (see close up photo below).

For more details on participating in the CTD challenge you can click here
Hope you find time to play along!

 Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Carole Burrage - Mother's Little Helper
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Keva Brown - How Now Brown Kow
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Amy Sheffer, October Guest Designer - Pickled Paper Designs

Have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

Creative Grammie said...

Hi Lynn,
What a cute Halloween card. I love the airy-ness about it. TFS

Laura Pryor said...

Oh WOW, Lynn! This is AWESOME. I love the jar image...LOVE! Perfectly colored and perfect layout!

Joyce said...

Such a great card. I had pulled this set out last night to make something later today. You have given me lots of inspiration.

Amy Sheffer said...

So awesome, Lynn! Very eye-catching! Adorable image and fantastic coloring!

Joan Ervin said...

This is just the cutest Halloween image ever, Lynn....I love your adorable card!!!! I didn't think I needed that stamp set but I was sooo wrong!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Very very fun Lynn!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love your jar full of Halloween! So cute! Great coloring too!

Barbara said...

Love how you used the jar image, Lynn! Awesome design!

dpkennedy said...

Ah, I love this fun image! Adorable card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Another adorable Halloween creation! Love the fun image with the added sparkle!

Vicki Stys said...

I love this card, Lynn! Too freaking cute! And great sentiment placement by the way... LOL ; )

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, Lynn! This is so sweet! Love the design and the images you used for the challenge! FUN card!!!

Broni said...

What a GREAT Halloween card, Lynn! Love how you coordinated her stockings and the paper strips and added the star/button to go with the background star paper!!

Marlena M. said...

Love that jar set~! I love that layout. ;)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

GORGEOUS! Your coloring of these images is awesome! Love everything about this one. :-)

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE what you did with these colors, Lynn! That image is fabulous, and I love your layout and all the stars and buttons!

Lori said...

What a fun Halloween card, Lynn! Love how you colored the image.

StinkerbellSteph said...

What fun!