Tuesday, August 2, 2011

PTI Make it Monday #26/CQC#96 - Iconic Images

Good evening, or at least it's evening where I am.  It looks like it's going to be a stormy night tonight, already we have sever thunderstorm warning for our area.

The card I have for today is a CAS (clean & simple) card that I created using the Papertrey Ink Make-it-Monday technique Decreasing Apertures and the Colour Queen Color Challenge colors for this week.  I've never actually created a card using the decreasing apertures technique so I was eager to try it out and I must say I think it's a very cool look, one I would definitely recommend trying.  I used the PTI stamp set Iconic Images for my card along with the wood grain impressions plate, Sending You die, circle Nestie dies, ribbon and button.  Once I using the Sending You die on the turquoise piece of cardstock I embossed it with the wood grain plate and added foam tape for some dimension.  On the kiwi kiss strip of cardstock I lightly marked the center with pencil and stamped off the medallion from the Iconic Images three times, then stamped my sentiment.
Thank you for stopping by!

16 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

Wonderful job, Lynn! {sigh} I LOVE the woodgrain impression plate! Stop enabling me : )

Karen said...

Lynn this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the colour choice and that stamp set suits the die cut outs perfectly! Great job!

Karen
x

Arielle H Gordon said...

Amazing use of the colors, Lynn! Such a great card! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful , I love the woodgrain in the blue, looks great.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Lynn! Love the color combo.

Unknown said...

I love your combination of dies!!! gorgeous:)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Lynn! I love everything about it. thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Becky Carafa said...

This is so beautiful, and of course I love the CAS-ness of it!

Suzanne Russell said...

Great card, Lynn. I love the die cut layers you chose. Peaceful and elegant!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love the use of the dies.

Vicki Burdick said...

so pretty Lynn!!!!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Gwen said...

Beautiful colors and layout! Great combo of dies too!

Anita Scroggins said...

Wonderful use of the colors, love the card. Thanks for playing along with is at ColourQ this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card, great job.

Christina said...

Fabulous job with the decreasing apertures and the challenge colors! I haven't inked up this birdie yet, but he looks right at home in the middle of the label die. Love the watermark medallions on the green strip, too! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!