Wednesday, August 10, 2011

CCTC - Sweet Peas

Hello there!  The card I have for today was created using the colors from the Color Trends Challenge, part of the challenge was to not only use the colors below but use them in your coloring.  I used Copic markers to color in this sweet pea image.  I've had the PTI Year of Flowers stamp set for a few weeks now and have wanted to use it to create a card, so when I looked out my kitchen window today I saw my sweet peas blooming and was inspired to use this image along with the colors from the challenge.


These rambling hot pink sweet peas are growing next to a honeysuckle vine on one side and a fir tree on another and it's attached it self to both.
Supplies: Year of Flowers, Garden Variety + die, Tiny Tags + die - PTI, Copics, Ribbon, Medium Scallop Border die - TE, Foam tape, Linen thread.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Lynn! Love all the sweet details of your card and your actual blooming sweet peas!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so lovely...the layout and all the details so pretty!

Mad for Paper said...

This is so pretty. I love your take on the color challenge. My Garden Variety set is arriving tomorrow and I can't wait.
TFS
Ang

Joyce said...

Beautiful card. Your coloring is gorgeous, and looks so realistic. Everything just comes together so well on this card.

Terri said...

Great job! Love all the different elements especially your use of the colors!

Heather Rogers said...

LOVE this! Everything about it. My sweet pea vine didn't bloom this year. Not sure what happened..it is just a huge green vine. humm... :)

Hugs~

Vicki Stys said...

Wow... beautiful card and beautiful flowers!!! Love it, Lynn!

C said...

Beautiful...the card and those flowers!

Marybeth said...

This is so beautiful , I love the pinks and the sweet peas.Your card is put together so well. My Garden Variety is coming in the mail today and I cant wait. Again just beautiful!

Unknown said...

total gorgeousness!

DF said...

So gorgeous! Love the colouring you did on the mini pea!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

A very beautiful design! Thanks for taking on our Coloring Color Trends Challenge!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my word, Lynn! This is STUNNING! Wow! I LOVE those colours together and your wonderful colouring of the image....gorgeous work!
Your Sweet Peas are beautiful too!!

JJ Bolton said...

Such a beautiful card! That pink paper is fantastic and I love the coloring on your flowers.

Mariana Grigsby said...

This is a wonderful card, Lynn! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us!

Sarah Martina said...

Absolutely stunning!