Sunday, January 2, 2011

SSSC98 - Here's the Story...

 Hello!  I hope all of you had fun ringing in the New Year, ours was low key and spent going out for dinner and coming home to play Wii games and watch movies.  This was the first year that one of our kids actually made their own plans for New Years Eve but I'm sure it won't be the first.

Today is Sunday and the Sweet Sunday Sketch team is back after taking a week off for the holidays.  Karen (our Sweet Sunday leader) has a fun sketch for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge this week and I hope you'll play along.
For the card that I created using the sketch, I used the My Favorite Things - a'la modes stamp set Here's the Story.  I had so much fun creating with more of the goodies I received for Christmas on this card including the new Janome sewing machine I've wanted for so long.  I've always loved the look of stitching on handmade cards and now I can add stitching on mine!  I paper pieced the pants on this cute image (yes plaid pants lol) and colored the rest using Copic markers.

Supplies: Here's the Story - MFT, Flower die & Scallop border die - MFT, Bloom & Grow designer paper - My Minds Eye, Bakers Twine, Button, Copics, Nesties, Twill ribbon, Pop dots, Stitching.  Colors: Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs

12 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

ADORABLE Lynn!! Your combination so of paper piecing and coloring is fabulous!! Love it!! Happy New Year! (so do we need to coordinate our "Video Tour of the Newly Cleaned and Organized Craft Room" Posts or what?) LOL

Vicki S. said...

Holy carp, Lynn... this card is so stinking cute! Only you could make garden green, pumpkin pie and apricot actually look good together... lol : ) And I happen to LOVE her pieced plaid pants!!

Darling job and I refuse to be enabled to get a sewing maching... haha!

Karen Motz said...

This is so fresh and FUN!!! I love love LOVE the paper pieced plaid pants!!! Welcome to the sewers anonymous (or not so anonymous) club!!! This looks fabulous and I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty more sewing on future cards!!

oh...my word verification is 'boring'. That's awful!!! This card is definitely NOT boring!! LOL!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Lynn! Love those soft pretty colours in your paper! You will love your little Janome sewing machine! I don't really sew well but I have fun trying!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Adorable Lynn, love that image and those plaid pants, so cute!!! Amazing card as usual my friend!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is super cute Lynn! Love the bright and cheery colors!

Karen Giron said...

Lynn, this is sooo cute! I love the colors and patterns you used and all that wonderful paper piecing too!!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute! I LOVE her cute plaid pants....such a great touch! Great job with the sketch!! ♥♥♥

Queen Mary said...

Lynn, beautiful card! Love the colors -- so daring!

Linda said...

I love the image. I am a retied first grade teacher.
I really like how you used the sketch and the colors you used. Wonderful card.I also love the look of your blog. Did you do it?
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.bogspot.com

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Lynn. Great image and fan papers! Love the lay-out. :o)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I've had my eye on this image since it came out but haven't purchased it yet. She's so cute with her big book and plaid pants. Great color combo.