Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Fall Thinking of You

 Hello friends!  The card that I have to share today makes me think of apple picking a few weeks ago with my family.  It's a tradition that we have each year, then of course comes the apple pies, apple cakes and loads of fresh apples to eat, I love it!
For my card I use the Taylored Expressions October Key Ingredients Kit and the TE stamp sets Branching Out and Branching Out Coordinates.  This card was so fun to create with the wonderful assortment of fall designer papers, buttons and colors that come in the Key Ingredients Kit as well as the adorable images I could choose from in the Branching Out & Branching Out Coordinates stamp sets. 
I started out by stamping the tree trunk on Buttercream card stock, then stamped the tree top onto a piece of the designer paper from the kit then cut it out and added it above my tree trunk. Next I stamped, colored and cut out all of the fun little details to spruce up my tree image like the apples and the cute squirrel at the base of the tree and added those to my main image.

If you haven't had a chance to order this month's Key Ingredients Kit, you can by following the link here.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Darling card! I LOVE that little squirrel! :)

Sue from Oregon said...

this is a perfect fall card...DARLING!

Taylor said...

Oooh... soooo pretty!! I love the apples in the tree! Just adorable!

Vicki S. said...

So cute! This card just screams fall to me : ) Love, love, love the dp, the pieced tree, and all the all fabulous details. Great job, Lynn!

Jenny said...

So cute Lynn! I love what you did with the Tree!

Tina said...

This is just beautiful. Makes me want a cup of cider.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

SO cute. Love the addition of the apples to the tree and the apple background paper.