Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs - Featured Guest

Hello, crafty friends!  I've got some exciting news to share, I was asked by Jennifer Jackson, the owner of Newton's Nook Designs to join in their Newton's Nook Designs Deck the Halls with Inky Paws celebration going on this week!  I'm sure most of you are familiar with the adorable Newton's Nook stamps but if not, I recommend popping over and taking a look.  Each day this week, Newton's Nook Designs is highlighting a Featured Guest Designer and today I get the privilege of sharing what I've created using the sweet stamp set, Ornamental Newton.
For my card, I started out with a white card base, then added a piece of My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas designer paper (I thought the ornaments would work well with this cute image) along with a coordinating polka dot rose colored paper for along the bottom.  I matted these designer papers in pure poppy cardstock and adhered them to my card base.  I added a strip of pure poppy cardstock along where the two designer papers met.  Next I stamped my Ornamental Newton image and colored him using Copic markers.  It might be difficult to see in the photos but I used a silver glitter pen on the top of the ornament and on the stripes running through the center of it.  I trimmed and matted my image with more pure poppy cardstock and adhered my image using foam tape to my card front.  Then I added two green designer paper banners and my sentiment which I had stamped and die cut.  As a final touch I added three silver glitter gems for a bit of sparkle.
That's it for me today.  Thank you so much for stopping by and be sure to stop over and join in the week long Newton's Nook Designs - Deck the Halls with Inky Paws celebration.

Pin It

No comments: