Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Share Handmade Kindness

 Hello, crafty friends!  How are you today?  Can you believe it's November already?  I can't.  It seems like once Halloween is over that the holidays are in full swing.  November is a time for thankfulness and what better way as crafters to show how grateful/thankful we are than to join in Jennifer McGuire's Share Handmade Kindness Challenge and spread some kindness with what we create.  With all the cards that I create, some I sell and some I use to send to family and friends but I know I could do more.  The first Share Handmade Kindness Challenge for this week is focused on sharing any kind of handmade kindness with friends and family so that what the two cards I have for today are for.  
The first card I have is for a friend who is going through a difficult time and could use some kind thoughts.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Cup of Cheer along with the coordinating dies and the PTI woodgrain impressions plate.  The inspiration for both my cards today was from the Sunday Stamps Challenge with their great color combo and tea & chocolate photo.
I kept my card fairly clean and simple.  I used a white card base with a piece of chocolate chip card stock embossed using the woodgrain impressions plate.  Then I cut a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of white card stock and popped that up with foam tape, tucking a small tropical teal banner under the lower left corner.  On the white piece I adhered a strip of kraft card stock with my sentiment which was from the PTI set Sending You and then added my die cut and stamped tea cup and teapot.
 I'd also like to add that even though I usually never photograph my envelopes or the insides of the cards that I create, I always stamp on them.  To me it's what a handmade card all about, it's the little touches that you wouldn't find if you bought a card at the dollar store (that and you have all the supplies out anyway when you're making the card).  And who doesn't like receiving an envelope in the mail with something pretty stamped on it?
 For my next card I used some fun Lawn Fawn stamp sets to create a thinking of you card for my daughter.  I thought she would like this card with a Starbucks gift card slid inside since she's away at college.  I'm also entering this card in this week's Lawnscaping Challenge #117 which is all about thinking of you!
I used the Lawn Fawn stamp sets Love You a Latte and Scripty Sayings.  Again I started out with a white card base, then added a panel of chocolate chip card stock.  On top of that I added a piece of watercolor paper that I sponged with chocolate chip ink.  After that I popped up a white panel which I die cut a circle in and adhered that.  Once that was in place, I stamped my thinking about you banner on kraft and adhered that across the bottom of the circle.  I die cut, stamped and colored my tea cup and saucer with Copic markers and adhered it with foam tape and stamped my Smile above the cup.

I hope you consider joining in the #ShareHandmadeKindness challenge. 

Pin It

9 comments:

Luanne said...

I need to put that sweet coffee set on my list. It keeps catching my eye, it's so sweet! Just like this adorable card. Thanks for being an enabler....! ;)

stampwithamyk said...

Oh, I love them both! Your teapot and teacup are fantastic and your sentiments are just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Lesley said...

So pretty!! I sent you a message via FB. Hope we can chat soon.
Hugs!
Lesley xo

Angel Johns said...

Oh my goodness!! These are both adorable!! Love, love, love! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Teresa Kline said...

so sweet Lynn, I luv how you have used these colors. so glad you played along with us at Sunday Stamps!

sparkle & shine *~*

Annette Elliott said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! I love the wood background for the clean card, and I love the sponging on your second card. Thanks so much for playing along with Sunday Stamps!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Lynn
I cant say anything ok I can
I LOOVEEE That first card #7 on Sunday Stamps Linky party
its soo soo cutee
and how you sponged in the middle darker than outside the circle sooo clever WILL CASE ing this may I?
and your other card love the layout too and lovely woodgrain added there too
Lynn
if you like coffee Images why dont you see my last post?I share a coffee card too...see you soon maybe there Lynn
thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps this time
hope to see you again next time
hugs, Monika (DT Member)

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards, very well done!

Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Samantha Mann said...

oh my stars!! great cards!! love the browns with that sweet light blue!!! gorgeous!!!! and the combination of phrases for the lawn fawn card is just divine!! love how scripty they are!! Thank you SO much for playing along with the current Lawnscaping Challenge! :)