Sunday, January 30, 2011

SSSC102 - Happy Mail

 Good morning!  It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  Karen's got another great sketch for all of us and I hope you'll play along.  For my card today I used the My Favorite Things Pure Innocence stamp set Happy Mail.  I stamped and colored this sweet image using my Copic markers then paper pieced her dress and added my mat.  Then I added stitching to each of the designer paper background panels, a row of scallop border then tied on a ribbon.  I finished off my card by placing the sentiment which I flagged at one end using a square punch and my rose.  My circle (rose) is not exactly following the sketch so I guess I'm just a rule breaker livin on the edge, lol.
 On a side note, I haven't been blogging very much lately because my mojo has taken a little vacation, I think it has to do with the fact that I've got the winter blaaahs.  If you live in a state where you have winter then I'm sure you know what I'm referring to.  Hopefully I'll snap out of it soon and be back to creating and more blogging.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

13 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

So adorable. I like the pink colors and her patterned dress.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

OMG!!! Isn't she just ADORABLE!!.. I love those sweet little girls and this one GORGEOUS. Amazing card Lynn

xx SJ

jimlynn said...

Just so very cute! Love that little flower too. Wonderful card.
Lynn

Vicki S. said...

Oh, yes, Lynn... you are just living on the edge when it comes to the sketch... LOL :P Wonderful card, as always. Fabulous details. Love the piecing and the subtleness of the stitching. Your mojo looks just fine to me!

Ruby said...

I just love this card... such pretty colors and I have everything to case it..tks for sharing. As to your note on the winter, you're right... I just can't get going because the room where I craft is very cold..even with a space heater. Hurry up Spring!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is adorable Lynn, I love those PI stamps!!! Love your colors and that flower with the sentiemnt!! Perfect!!

Dana White said...

Lynn she is stinking cute!! How I {heart} those sweet PI girls! The scallop on the middle panels looks great

Julie said...

Absolutely Adorable!!!

Megan said...

So sweet! Love all the pink.

Denise Marzec said...

Lovin' all the pink and that sweet flower!

Karen Giron said...

She is adorable! I love the scallops you added and that beautiful flower - yum!!

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is adorable! Love the papers you used and your rose embellishment is wonderful!!!

Tammi said...

Super adorable, pretty papers used and great little design! Great little flower too! I'm with ya on the blogging lately. :)