Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Berry Special - CTD698

Hello! Some of you might be wondering why I haven’t posted in so long and the answer to that is the fact that our youngest son has had some serious health issues going on over the past month. He’s past the worst portion of these health issues but still has a long way to go, so as much as I love to craft and create cards, my mind just wasn’t on it. I’m hoping that our family can find a new normal and that I can get back to creating.

Today I’m hostess for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where I chose this inspiration photo of strawberries and since it’s June and strawberry season here I thought it would be fitting.
For my card I chose to create a mini slimline card using the fun Lawn Fawn stamp set, Berry Special along with the Berry Special dies. I’ve seen so many cute cards created with this set and I’m just now getting to play with it. I started out by stamping a bunch of the images, die cutting and then coloring them with copic markers and added highlights with a white gel pen.
To create my scene, I used the Grassy Border die and some new leaf card stock which I blended on some lucky clover distress oxide ink and then stamped my sentiment. On my white base piece, I blended on some tumbled glass distress ink and stamped the dashed bee trail in the same ink color and then adhered my die cut grass piece.
Once my base was completed, I added all of my images popping up the two mice, strawberry patch, sun and bee with foam tape. Next I added a mat of red card stock and adhered a piece of red gingham Doodlebug paper.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: