Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Merry Christmas Tags - (CTD472)

Hi there, crafty friends!  Cold windy weather is in the forecast for today here in Michigan and I'm working on finishing up my Christmas shopping list.  For today's Color Throwdown Challenge I created a set of chilly penguin tags to go along with my son's teacher gifts which I have wrapped up.  Before I get to my tags, I'd like to welcome our December Guest Designer, Debra James.
 For my tags, I used the adorable Lawn Fawn stamp set, Toboggan Together along with the Toboggan Together die cuts.  I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle Tags and die cut two white tags and two red tags (to go underneath the white tag and for my son to sign).  Next I die cut a circle of light gray cardstock for each and sponged on some gray ink around the edges.  Then I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders die and die cut my snowy hills.  After that, I stamped all of my images and colored them with Copic markers, stamping the trees in gray ink, and then die cut them out.  For my sentiments, I used the Happy Happy Happy Add On's stamp set and dies along with a Fancy Folded Banner in red cardstock.  For the smaller tags, I used the Tiny Tags die and stamped them with the Tiny Tag Sayings set.  Once I had all of my pieces together, I assembled my tags, popping up the cute penguin with foam tape and I added some silver glitter snowflakes using the Mini Snowflakes dies and glitter paper.  For some finishing touches I added some clear rhinestones in the centers of the snowflakes, some Glossy Accents to the penguins beak and some white glitter to the trees and the penguins Santa hat.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Debra James - December Guest Designer

1 comment:

Evelyn S. said...

These are truly elaborate tags...worthy of use as a card! They are also cute!