Monday, May 2, 2016

Happy Thoughts

Hello!  I've got another My Favorite Things card I'm sharing today, similar to yesterdays because I used the same stamp set and layout but different.
For today's card I used the MFT Tweet Friends stamp set and dies along with my favorite stencil, Diagonal Bars.  I used this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #278 for my layout and the MFT Color Challenge #44 for my colors.
I used all of the bird stamps from the Tweet Friends set and stamped them in black ink randomly on a die cut stitched panel.  Next I made my own circle stencil using a piece of cardstock and a circle die and lightly sponged distress ink in the following colors: wilted violet, shaded lilac, twisted citron and spiced marmalade.  This is another fun way of using the Diagonal Bars stencil (or any stencil really), I lightly sponged a color ink on and then laid the stencil over the circle stencil and sponged on more ink using a heaver hand.  This way you're getting some added texture or pattern in each circle you stencil.  Once that was done, I added my strips of cardstock, lovely lilac and limeade ice for my sentiment and then my die cut black bird cage with my Copic colored bird which was popped up using foam tape.
Pin It

3 comments:

Andrea W said...

The colors are terrific and I love the circles behind the birds. Fun card!

paperkicks said...

I love this! Your stamping technique gives your card a retro feel! Awesome!

Leigh Penner said...

I love everything about this card, Lynn! It's fabulous!