Sunday, December 13, 2015

Merriest of Holidays

Hello!  It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I haven't been posting here on my blog all that much lately because I've been busy trying to get everything in order for Christmas here at our house.  So far so good, house is decorated, Christmas cards are out, shopping is coming along and tomorrow I start my baking.  Hopefully it's a less stressful Christmas as long as I can keep things rolling.
For my card today, I used the Papertrey Ink Winter Woods stamp set and dies to create a Christmas card.  I started out with a white card base, then for my background panel I embossed just the top portion with snowflakes and stamped my sentiment along the bottom.  Next I added a strip of pure poppy cardstock and a die cut circle of watercolor paper which I watercolored in broken china distress ink.  After that I die cut and stamped my pine branches & berries and watercolored a bit of the pine to add more color, then adhered that to my card.  The red cardinal was die cut and stamped and added with foam adhesive.  As a final touch I added some glaze pen to the berries.


Pin It

2 comments:

Lisa H. said...

Such a stunning card, Lynn. I love the colors and that awesome Cardinal. Thanks for sharing.

Kay Miller said...

What a gorgeous card Lynn! This has to be one of my favorite PTI sets ever! LOVE what you've done with it!