Wednesday, October 3, 2012

CTD212 - Wonderful Friend/With Sympathy

Hello there!  It's time for another Color Throwdown Challenge!  Our hostess for this week is the talented Barbara who has chosen some really pretty rich colors which are perfect for this time of year.
I created two cards for this challenge since I haven't been posting here on my blog a lot lately.  I've been busy getting some things done around the house now that my kids are in school all day and I've been job searching.  For my first card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Wreath for all Seasons, Bitty Bird and Think Big Favorites #12.  This is a clean looking card (not too much detail) but I wish you could see the wreath in person because I took a red glitter pen and glaze pen and dotted over almost all of the stamped berries on the wreath to give a little sparkle and shine.

For my next card I needed another sympathy card for a customer so I thought the rich colors for the challenge would work nicely.  It's fun how you can get such a different look by using all the same colors as my first card, but using one color more, like the "more" mustard on this second card.  On this card I used the PTI stamp sets Think Big Favorite #12 for the sentiment and the Houndstooth Basic Background set for the bottom portion.
Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Denise Marzec - The Paper Landscaper
Please welcome Dawn Easton - Treasure Oiler Designz - our October Guest Designer

 Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll play along with the challenge this week!
Pin It

10 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Lynn! You definitely rocked the color challenge! Good luck with the job search!

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, both cards are wonderful! Your little bird popped up in that wreath is so sweet!!
Love the layered flower you created too. My fave die!

Marlena M. said...

I love the scene you put together with the wreath and bitty bird!

Marisa said...

These are both fabulous, Lynn! Love the bird in the wreath on the first card and the wonderful bold feel to the second card.

LeAnne said...

LOVE this...so sweet. Make me remember that I have that wreath stamp and I need to USE it!

Chris Dring said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Lynn! TFS!

Joan Ervin said...

Look at you making two cards for this weeks challenge and they are both sooo beautiful....love them both, Lynn!!!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

It really is amazing how the same color combo can give such a different look depending on what color is highlighted! Both cards are gorgeous and you've reminded me my PTI wreath stamps haven't seen ink in a long time! Love that you highlighted the berries (tucking that in my memory - lol).

Broni said...

2 cards!! Overachiever!!!! They're both beautiful. Love the little blue bird in the wreath and the second card with the bold blasts of color is gorgeous!

Lori said...

These are beautiful, Lynn! That little birdie looks like it's made to sit inside the wreath. And, the sympathy card is just lovely.