Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Retirement

TGIF everyone!  How about something fun and refreshing for a Friday post?  I could use something just like that right now since I survived a field trip to the farm today with my youngest and four screaming kindergarten classes. 
The card I'm sharing today was one that I created for a card order, she wanted something for retirement using bright tropical colors.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Fillers, Friendship Jar Summer Fillers and Mega Mixed Messages.  I stamped the small jar, ice cubes, straw and drink umbrella (which was paper pieced) and then stamped the daffodil delight drink inside the jar by riping a sticky note and masking so it only filled the bottom of the small sized jar.  Then I stamped the lime/lemon, colored it with Copics, added some glossy accent for some shine and tucked it up just a bit under the paper pieced umbrella.
Supplies: Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Fillers, Friendship Jar Summer Fillers, Mega Mixed Messages - PTI, Cosmo Cricket designer paper, Copics, Ribbon, Twine, Glossy accents, Foam tape.
 
Pin It

7 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

This card is perfect for retirement... fun, cheery and colorful! I'm sure your customer will love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fun retirement card Lynn. Love the colours.

Joyce said...

What a bright and cheery card. It sure makes retirement look like an attractive option.

Winnie said...

such a great idea for a retirement card. let the party begin! I love the image and the fun papers you used.

Mayol said...

What a fun and cheerful card! i love the color combination you used. This card would surely make someone look forward to retirement :)

Debbie Gaydos said...

Lynn, this is SO stunning! I love that focal point image... just perfect for the occasion! And the patterned papers coordinate so beautifully!

Broni said...

What a super bright and fun card, Lynn! I have the Friendship Jar (and accessories) and never think to pull it out! Thanks for the inspiration!