Wednesday, February 22, 2012

CTD#180 - Happy Birthday


Hi there!  It's time for the Color Throwdown Challenge #180!
Lori is our hostess this week and she's chosen some great colors and a cool inspiration photo for all of us to create with.

For my card I went with a CAS (clean and simple) look to create a more masculine card using the Papertrey Ink stamp set Think Big Favorites #12 and Background Basics Houndstooth.  I started out with a basic grey card base, then a panel of white cardstock.  After that I stamped a row of the houndstooth border along the bottom of a piece of bashful blue cardstock and added a strip of barley banana through the center.  I used the Stampin' Up Top Note die to stamp my sentiment on and trimmed it down so only a portion of it would show and added that to the center of my card.  I die cut some My Mind's Eye designer paper using the PTI banner dies and added those along the top and to finish off my card I added some ribbon, punched out stars and buttons with twine.
Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Keva Brown - How Now Brown Kow
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Jenny Peterson - My Little Stampin Spot - February Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll take the time to play along with the challenge this week!

11 comments:

Pam said...

Love this! Great CAS design and the colors this week are divine! Your embellies add just the right touch. Will have to CASE this.

Vicki Stys said...

Only YOU could make these colors look good, Lynn! Great masculine card!!

dpkennedy said...

This is beautiful Lynn! I love how you used all of the graphic elements to great a bold and beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job as usual Lynn! Card has a great sense of texture & pattern.

Kerri said...

What a great design! I love this, Lynn!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great, clean design for a masculine card! Love the way you used a portion of the top note to add the sentiment!

Marybeth said...

Nice job , great fresh card, for a guy!

Broni said...

A most excellent mix of the colors! I love that layout and those cool patterned papers too! I'll have to keep this in mind, 'cause it would work so well for my older grandsons, I think!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love your awesome layout, especially the orange banner and the stars...sooo pretty, Lynn!!!

Barbara said...

This is so pretty, Lynn! Love that layout and how you used the colors--fabulous card!

Lori said...

Fabulous masculine card! Love the layout.