Wednesday, December 14, 2011

CTD#172 - Sugar Rush

Hello friends!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge (CTD172).  This week our hostess is is Kerri and she's chosen some pretty colors for all of us to create with.

For my card I used the Paper Smooches stamp set Sugar Rush which I won from the PS Facebook page last month.  This was the first time ever stamping with any of the Paper Smooches stamps and I enjoyed it.  The PS stamps have a fun and playful look with a clean design and stamped perfectly each time while working on my card.  I used the ice cream cone image along with the Celebrate sentiment from the Sugar Rush set.  I stamped three of the cones onto white cardstock then colored the cones using Copic markers, then paper pieced the ice cream tops using cardstock in the three color for this weeks challenge.
Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Keva Brown - How Now Brown Kow
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Lydia Fiedler - Understand Blue - Our Guest Designer for November/December
Hope you'll find time to play along!

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love your idea for those colours! When I saw them, I thought of something sweet too. This is perfect! So cute!!! Congrats on the win...it's a cute set!

Barbara said...

CA-UTE, Lynn! Love your clean design!

Shari Green said...

Lynn, your card is so adorable! Love the colours and your layout! Great job.

Broni said...

How perfectly adorable!! Love the multi-colored ice cream cones! And Kim's images are so cute!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

EGADS woman! How cute is this?? LOVE your coloring and this card just made me happy! :-)

Wanda Cullen said...

This is just too cute! Love those PS images...perfect for these fun colors!

Vicki Stys said...

What a fun, bright and funky card! So cute, Lynn!

Lori said...

What a great way to use these colors! Love the ice cream cone trio.

Joan Ervin said...

Ya can't get any cuter than this, Lynn...your little ice cream cones are absolutely adorable!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I think I have this set, and have yet to get it inky, so thanks for the inspiration, Lynn! Darling card!