Thursday, September 23, 2010

MTSC92/ColorThrowdown - Birthday Owl

Happy Thursday everyone and a Happy Birthday to my sweet husband Dan! 
Today I have a birthday card that I created using Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and the Color Throwdown Challenge.  These wild colors were a bit of a challenge.  I didn't have the color River Rock so I substitute and used Crumb Cake instead and I tried to follow Mercy's sketch minus a flower or something for the upper right corner.  It doesn't really show from this picture but the owl's eyes were pop up which gives him some fun dimension.

Supplies: Curly Cute, Melon Mambo DSP, Owl punch, Bird punch, Scallop border punch, Ribbon, Nesties, Square Lattice Impressions Folder, Dimensionals.

I'm looking forward to watching Greys Anatomy tonight, are any of you fans of the show?

10 comments:

Keva said...

How cute is this little guy? I really like the card...I don't use my owl punch nearly enough!

I've never seen Grey's so I can't say that I am a fan. We watch Bones and Fringe in our house and I believe they come on at the same time as Grey's. I AM looking forward to my shows all coming back..I hate summer tv. :)

Sue from Oregon said...

What a cute little owl card!

Karen said...

Lynn this is just the cutest darn card and those colours are so lovely together! Great Job!

Karen

Vicki S. said...

Love that funky owl...too cute! Hope Dan had a Happy Birthday! And no, I don't watch Grey's although I do like McDreamy and McSteamy!

mary noble said...

I love the colors you used on this owl punch card - I think I am in love with this little owl....sorry you not going to be a SU demo but glad we can check out your other stuff - you have a wonderful eye for color and design!! Mary http://www.doggandponyshow.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I love the pink and teal together! Super sweet little card!

Kathy Martin said...

What a hoot and super cute!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Lynn. You made these colors and the sketch work so well! Love that owl... keep thinking about getting the punch. :o)

Broni said...

What?? You thought my colors were wild?? LOL! You did a fabulous job with them. Your owl card is adorable! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just love how you put both challenges together! This has to be one of my favorite cards I have seen with the Owl punch, too.

I'm also a big Gray's fan...I just wish last week's show was 2 hours long! HaHa! I didn't want it to end! :)