Friday, May 13, 2016

Concord & 9th May Guest Designer - You've Got This



Happy Friday the 13th, friends!  I've got some exciting news to share!  I'm guest designing this month for Concord & 9th and I'm thrilled.  If you're familiar with Concord & 9th then you know how unique and beautiful their products are, if not you really need to hop over and see what you've been missing.  I can't wait to share the projects I've created for this month's release using the fabulous new products!

Today I'm showcasing the new You've Got This die along with the You Are Enough stamp set.  I love the combination of using these two new products together.  So many times I've needed an encouragement card and the You've Got This die sums it up perfectly, its so versatile in the ways that you can use it.  And the You Are Enough stamp set with it's willowy illustrated flower just begs to be watercolored.
For my first card, I used a piece of watercolor paper and randomly stamped the flower in black ink from the You Are Enough stamp set.  Once my ink was set, I loosely watercolored the flowers using my Gansai Tambi watercolors (dark pink, scarlet red & mid yellow).  After the watercoloring was dry I watered down some white acrylic paint and added some white splatters of paint onto my watercolored flowers.  While that was drying, I die cut the you've got this from black cardstock and a piece of craft foam and glued the two together to add dimension to my sentiment.  Going back to my watercolored panel, I die cut a rectangle from the center, matted it with black cardstock and adhered it with foam tape, lining up the stamped images.  Next I adhered my sentiment and matted the whole piece in black and added a few black and silver sequins.
For my next card, I instead of popping up the die cut sentiment I die cut it and backed it up with colored cardstock.  I used a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the flower image twice, one in each corner.  I used my Misti tool to not only stamp the piece of watercolor paper but also the card base.  I have a short slide show below to walk you through the steps if you're interested in seeing them.  Again I used my Gansai Tambi watercolors (pale aqua, green & light brow) to watercolor my stamped panel, adding splatters of the aqua.  Once the panel was dry, I die cut my sentiment, adhered a piece of tropical teal cardstock to the back side of it and added it to my card front with foam tape.  To finish it off I added some yellow Stickles to the center of the flowers and glue on some sequins.
 Thank you for joining me today and be sure to check back next week with another Concord & 9th product showcase!

Pin It

7 comments:

MaggieB1983 said...

Stunning cards....I especially love the colors you chose for the watercoloring. Nicely done.

Ericka Strange said...

Great cards love the watercolor and the bold sentiment.

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations! That's so fabulous!
And your cards are gorgeous! I love them both!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Fab cards...wonderfully done. Congrats!

Wanda Cullen said...

Congrats, Lynn, on your guest assignment! You totally ROCKED both cards! Love the watercoloring backgrounds!

Lesley said...

Way to go, Lynn! Love your vibrant creations!!!

BeverlyBL said...

Both cards are so cool. I love the pink one. Love your clever details on both. Guess I need to order a couple of Concord & 9th items. Thanks for explaining how you did everything. I would never have figured it out by myself.