Saturday, August 18, 2012

RS#25 - Strawberry Wishes

Hi there friends!  It's Saturday and my turn over at the Retro Sketches Challenge blog to share my sketch which was taken from this card I created for a card order.  I really hope you like the sketch and that you'll take the time to play along this week!  I'd love to see what everyone comes up with using this layout.

For my re-designed card using the sketch, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Strawberry Patch and Think Big Favorites #16.  I also jumped in on the Colour Queen Challenge #150 because I loved these bright colors.  I'm a little rusty on using my Copic markers since I haven't used them in months but I did add a bit of shading to this strawberry image after stamping in the colors for the leaves and strawberries.
Supplies: Strawberry Patch, Think Big Favorites #16, Copic markers, Ribbon, Button, Bakers twine, Scallop border die, Foam tape.
 
 Be sure to stop over at the Retro Sketches blog to see Arielle, Kasia and Laurie's creations using this fun sketch.
Pin It

14 comments:

WinterBerry Glen said...

love this!!!! great way to combine two great challenges.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous re-make, Lynn! Love your coloring - I wouldn't have thought you were 'rusty' - LOL! Thanks so much for the awesome sketch & thanks for using this week's colourQ palette!

Anita Scroggins said...

Love your stamping and how you used the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn your remake is so gorgeous, I love Strawberry Patch! You used this weeks colours marvelously. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Michelle said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Love the bright colours! Your colouring looks just fine to me. ;-)

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this color combo Lynn, what a beautiful card!

Sylvia said...

Your strawberry card is fun and colorful, Lynn! Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ.

Jean said...

Love your beautiful card ~ great use the bright colors!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

GORGEOUS ALERT!!! Wow! I love those colors all together. It's so so so happy. Your coloring is amazing. Just the right touch of blue around the image. Wow. :-)

N@ Ali said...

lovely! thank you for joining us at the colourQ ; )

LeAnne said...

Delicious card--what a great way to use the colors! Thanks for playing with us at the CQC!

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow - what a fabulous creation. This card is truly perfect. your colouring of those strawberries is exquisite. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card..and so yummy too! Thank you for playing the CQ with us….hugs ~S~

Suzanne Russell said...

Congrats on the Color Q win! What a great sketch choice and you filled it out so beautifully with colors of the challenge. I always enjoy seeing your projects. Thanks for the inspiration.