Monday, February 8, 2010

Sweetheart Potted Flowers

Hello, today I have a Valentine that I created for my son's preschool teacher, his Valentine party is tomorrow in his class.  You've gotta love a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds excited about exchanging Valentines, eating frosted heart shaped cookies and doing Valentine crafts.  My son loves his preschool teacher so much, it's sweet to see him get in his class and run right up to her and give her a big hug.

I followed the tutorial on Splitcoast that you can find here to create a Flower Pot card, this is the first one I've made and it was very fun.  Over the past few weeks I've had the winter blaas, not depressed but just having a hard time creating and its driving me crazy because I want to stamp!  Hopefully I'm snapping out of it and can get back to what I love to do with out feeling like I'm going to tear my hair out just making one card, lol.
Supplies: Sweetheart, With All My Heart, Well Scripted, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sending Love DSP, Extra Large Fancy Flower punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Scallop border punch, Satin Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder.  Colors: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive.
Thank you for your visit!

20 comments:

Dawn Olchefske (dostamping) said...

great twist on the flower pot - love it!

Katherine said...

Oh how cute! what a great idea :)

Shannon Roberts said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!!!! Amazing! And I so get what you are saying I make cards lately & others say That is awesome & I am like I just don't luv it ya know?? Anyways love the pot & I am so casing this!!!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Beautiful job!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is super Lynn!

Sue from Oregon said...

great idea to make a Valentine Flower pot!

Rose said...

I love seeing how illustrators use their own set! And I love seeing such out of the ordinary ideas! Love this

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

Lynn, I love making the flower pot cards... a lot of work but so much fun. Cute story about your son's PS teacher. I'm sure she'll appreciate the beautiful card!

And I totally get what you are saying about the blah's. Yesterday, I finally had a day where nothing was pressing to get done and what did I do? Absolutely nothing! Ack... what a waste. Good luck finding your mojo!

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is darling! Love the bright colours!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, this is fabulous. So cheery and bright.

Anonymous said...

Lynn, Your mojo is doing just fine. You are one of my very favorite blogs. You always inspire me with your clean, creative cards. Keep on, keeping on...you creative ideas are wonderful...and, I love that you use SU products!!!

Happy Stamping,
Charlene
NC Stamper

Katie Cotton said...

super d duper cute! I have yet to try that tutorial but i have always loved it. I think you have motivated me!

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous Lynn!!! Love it!

Raven said...

I love the flower pot cards, and this is one of the cutest I have seen!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How fun this idea is interpreted into a Vday project.

kmhilden said...

Lovely as usual and so inspiring!! I'm thinking this would also make a lovely get well card. I haven't tried one of these yet, now I definitely will have to!! I'm counting on a snow day tomorrow too!! Need to do some heavy duty organizing and then stamping. Tkanks for the cheery pick me up!! Kathy

Anonymous said...

OMG... the is super adorable. I lovey it!! The flowers are so simple and cute. Great job Lynn!

Amanda said...

Your cards are awesome!

Cindy Groh said...

Love it. You are so creative:)

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute! gosh, I haven't made a flower pot card in such a long time...what a darling idea with the new flower punch!