Sunday, February 21, 2010

SSSC57 - Sympathy


Good morning!  Today is Sunday which means Karen has another great sketch to share for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  After first looking at this sketch I was a little skeptical with all of the horizontal strips behind the main circle but after I got going I really ended up liking how the strips of designer paper seemed almost quilt like.  For my card I used the stamp set For All You Do which I haven't used in a long time, I guess because when it first came out I stamped with it so much that I got burnt out of this combination of stamps and paper.
Supplies: For All You Do, Brighter Tomorrow, Cottage Wall DSP, Nesties, Ribbon, Pearls, Scallop Trim border punch, Piercer, White pen, Pop dots.  Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pale Plum.

To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card using Mr. Linky so we can all see your creation!
Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Jennifer Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Nancy Riley: iStamp
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
And Karen too!

Hope your having a great weekend!

28 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Lynn, this is simply stunning! I love your choice of papers...the purples are so soothing here! Everything comes together beautifully!

Jen Tapler said...

OK, well, our minds were obviously sort of on the same wavelength with this one with the sympathy card and the butterfly and kind of with the colors, but yours kicks mine's butt!!! LOL. This is AWESOME!!

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

You did a great job with a hard sketch... I'm so impressed! : ) This is an absolutely beautiful sympathy card!

Lee said...

I love your popped up little flowers with their pearl centres. Such a pretty card to bring someone comfort.

Lee x

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! This is OUTSTANDING! Love the colors and how you've interpreted the sketch! Great job, as always Lynn! Smiles, Pam :)

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful Lynn! I love the combination of papers and images and all the dimension from the layered flowers!!

Allison said...

This is stunning. Fabulous take on the sketch!

Stacey Schafer said...

oh so gorgeous, Lynn!

Dani said...

This is so pretty and soothing, great job!

Vicki Burdick said...

Seriously awesome Lynn. I love the colors and how you layered the flowers and did you use some of the paper for those leaves? Very cool! I thought the BG peices looked quilt like too and even tried a bit of sewing but ended up discarding that and starting over....that sewing on cards looks so cool but when I do it--it just looks messy!!! Anyway, LOVE your card!

Nancy Riley said...

Perfection! Lynn, this is just stunning! Very well done, my friend!

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely! This is one of my all time fav papers! Really pretty focal image too!

Marisa said...

Great job with this tricky sketch! Gorgeous card :D

Lesley said...

Love your pretty card and the way you cut out the flowers and arranged them!!! Gorgeous!

Smiles,
Lesley ;)

Karen Giron said...

Oh Lynn, this is wonderful!! I love the papers and the layered flowers - they are gorgeous!

Mary J said...

Beautifully played - it's gorgeous!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Lynn... absolutely GORGEOUS. EVERYTHING about this is perfect. Amazing job with the sketch. I'm wondering what we were all so worried about.. haahhaa

xx Sarah

Jenny said...

This is stunning Lynn!! Colors are perfect and I love what you did with the flower in the circle!!

Unknown said...

Ack! This is soooo gorgeous!!!! You've made such a pretty sympathy card. Love the flowers and butterfly. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! Wow.

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous card. Love the papers you used.

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful Lynn!!

Lea L. said...

This is so beautiful! I love the colors, and the dimension to the flowers! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Krista said...

This is sooo pretty Lynn ! Great job !

Priscilla said...

Wow this is a beautiful card, I love the colors!


~*Priscilla*~
http://faeriedreamsandpaperwishes.blogspot.com

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is really beautiful. Such lovely colors and a pretty bow.

Beth said...

I just bought this set "For all you do" and i am lovin' it! Your card is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I realize that you posted the card awhile ago BUT i just had to tell you that i just loved it and well had a stamp camp the other day and used this as my inspiration and will be uploading it onto SCS....I will certainly give credit to you, but be aware I did change a few things but the basics are the same......thank you so much for the inspiration