Sunday, February 14, 2010

SSSC56 - Get Well Wishes

Happy Valentines Day!!! It's Sunday and time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge, for my card today I used one of my favorite stamp sets from the Stampin' Up catalog, Flight of the Butterfly.  I wanted to create a get well card using the sketch and wanted something simple and cheerful so I went with Mellon Mambo and So Saffron for my colors.  I think I may try and make a few of these cards in different color combinations just to have on hand.  This card measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".

Supplies: Flight of the Butterfly, Butterfly punch, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Word Window punch, Ribbon, Button, Scallop border punch, Melon Mambo DSP, So Saffron DSP, Nestie circle die, Piercer, Pop dots.  Colors: Melon Mambo, So Saffron.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card using Mr. Linky so we can all see your creation!
Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Jennifer Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Nancy Riley: iStamp
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
And Karen too!


22 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card!

Mary J said...

What a beautiful and fresh card - I love it! Been browsing through your blog - love your creations!

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

So sweet, Lynn! This card would definitely make me feel better :D

Marie said...

Very pretty Lynn. It is bright and cheerful. Great job with the sketch!

Dawn O (dostamping) said...

Beautiful - crisp and clean butterfly!

Vicki Burdick said...

OMG, Lynn, I simply LOVE this!!! Great colors and that butterfly is great!!

Trena said...

Great color combo! This is such a sweet card. Love it!

Karen Giron said...

Lynn, this is beautiful! I love the added ribbon and scallops and of course the button! Brilliant color too!

Karen Motz said...

Very pretty! Love the dimension with the folded up wings!

Lee said...

So so pretty! I love the colour combo, and especially can't wait until we get melon mambo down under!

Lee x

Nancy Riley said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE !!!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

SImple, Gorgeous, BEAUTIFUL!!!! Awesome job Lynn.. LOVE the added touch of the button too. GORGEOUS.

xx Sarah

Katie Cotton said...

love this card lynn!

Pinky Roth said...

I love your card...I have a question. I have been seeing so many 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 size cards in my favorite peeps' blogs. Where are you getting your envelopes for this size card????

LesleyfromWI said...

Very pretty!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is beautiful! I love the colors that you chose.

barb mann said...

Lynn, Your card is simply beautiful!! Love it and hope it's okay to case too. Thanks...Barb

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the colours and the little button detail!

Tina said...

Super sweet, loving those colors.

Jenny said...

Beautiful!!! Love the background!!

Beth said...

Just gorgeous Lynn!

shannon said...

Love the way you used the scallop border and ribbon through the middle of the card. bright and spring-y! :)