Friday, August 28, 2009

Pillow Box Pumpkin Bucket and Card

Happy Friday everyone!!! This week has been a busy one and sure did go by fast but I'm happy that I was able to get some things done so that my kids are ready to go back to school.
Today I have a Halloween Pumpkin Bucket that I made from my Stampin' Up Sizzix Pillow Box die and a card that I created using Beate's Weekend Sketch. For the card I used the stamp set Pumpkin Patch which is in the new Holiday Mini Catalog coming out next Tuesday. Wait until you see all the fun new goodies in this Mini, your going to love it!


Supplies: Pumpkin Patch, Weathered BG, Grateful Greetings, Cast-A-Spell DSP, Nestie, Ribbon, Button, Piercer, Linen thread, Pop dots. Colors: Basic Black, Pumpkin Patch, Old Olive, Whisper White.

I came up with the idea for this Pumpkin Bucket after looking at my Sizzix dies I had, I was trying to figure out what kind of 3-D Halloween treat I could make when it popped into my head. This bucket took no time at all to make and was fun to put together. What you need is 3 Pillow Boxes cut, creased and sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink, one handle 1" x 11", one large Coluzzle circle (4" in diameter)for inside bottom, three 1" x 4" strips of Pumpkin Pie (only 2 are pictured here but I used 3) and some punched out pieces for the face.



Step one: Cut all pieces and crease and sponge the three Pillow boxes.
Step two: Use Tacky Tape and tape the three boxes together end to end then pick one side to be the top of your bucket and cut the three rounded tabs down so that all of the top of the edges match.

Step three: Apply Tacky Tape to the very ends on one side of the 1" x 4" strips and tape them to the bottom tabs of your bucket (as shown in photo).

Step four: Place cut Coluzzle circle in bottom of bucket and glue on punched pieces for face (I scored the hand cut triangle for nose and used the small photo corner punch for the mouth).

Step five: Make elongated punches on side of bucket using the Horizontal Slot punch and attach handle. I fed the handle strips through the slot and folded it over about a half inch then added a brad to secure the handle.


Thanks for stopping by!






36 comments:

Marilyn Goodrich said...

OMG that pumpkin bucket is too stinkin' adorable!!! You are AWESOME :-)

Susan said...

So cute---I can't wait to try one!
TFS, again.

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous idea, it is soooo cute!

enjoy *~*

Mary said...

WOW, waaaayyy clever! thanks for sharing.

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

OMGosh, these are so stinkin' cute!!! You are such a clever girl :D Now, I really need to stop reading your blog, you are such an enabler!!! (just kidding!) Have a great weekend!

Colleen Kramer said...

You clever, clever, girl! You have not only shown an adorable Halloween bucket, but opened the door to all kinds of uses/celebrations. Thank you for taking the time to post such clear directions and sharing freely. Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so cute! I can see many uses for this type of construction. Thank you for the inspiration!

Kathy

Jena said...

What a creative way to make such a fun box - TFS! I just made a box yesterday out of envelopes, I could just see all the possibilities!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! That is so clever! I need to get me some SU! dies!

stamperbeth said...

You are so clever! I can see making buckets/baskets for every holiday now. Love the card too.

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so cute for Halloween!

Susana M said...

WOW Lynn,
Knocked this oneo ut of the ball park!!! Total stunner and super fun :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Sherri Thacker said...

This is just adorable!!!

Tasha Hickert said...

Oh, how clever are you! And thanks for sharing. I just got the pillow box die last week so I can't wait to try this!!

Anonymous said...

ok seriously how cute is that.. thanks for sharing. will have to try and make one.. : )

Dani said...

This is super cute! Fabulous job!

Julie Davison said...

OMG! This is INCREDIBLE! I love finding other uses for dies and punches and this is over the top! How big is that circle you cut? (What's the diameter?) I'll use my Circle Scissors Plus to cut one out...maybe even a second one to cover up the bottom too. My mind is just racing now. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great box! Love what you did with the dies... TFS!

maryjo marshall said...

WOW!!!! This is sooo cool!! Thanks for sharing the directions.maryjo marshall

Cindy Major said...

Oh my gosh, you are killing me! That pumpkin bucket is AWESOME!!!! Genius idea... TFS!

Cindy

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - this is so clever - I love it!!! Hugs ~S~

LeAnne said...

You ARE a genius! So cute!

Debbie Modrowsky said...

Brilliant! TFS

Kathy Janicki www.sassystamper.blogspot.com said...

Sooo cute!

Kathy

www.sassystamper.blogspot.com

Pay It forward Giveaway: http://sassystamper.blogspot.com/2009/08/pix-attchdpay-it-forward-givewaway.html

lifesabeach32940 said...

WOW!! What an AWESOME tutorial!! I love both projects ~ the card and the bucket!! Thank you for the inspiration.

I have two quick questions for you.

Did you stamp the weathered background stamp on the pumpkin pie cardstock using pumpkin pie classic ink? I'm amazed at how well it shows up.

Also, did you sponge the edges of the bucket on pumpkin pie cardstock using pumpkin pie classic ink? I always thought you had to use a darker color ink on the paper you are sponging to get such dramatic results.

Thanks for your help and the inspiration!!



Judy

Tina said...

This is so cute! How big is the circle that you used for the bottom?

Thanks!
Tina
tinataves@gmail.com
tinataves.blogspot.com

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn. You know I love the basket!!!

Thanks so much for playing! Hugs and smiles

Priscilla said...

Oh my goodness I love this! Halloween is my favorite holiday! :o)


~*Priscilla Aguilar*~
http://faeriedreamsandpaperwishes.blogspot.com

MacKenzie said...

Very clever idea! I gave you a shout out on my "Friday Faves".

Unknown said...

how cute, adodrable!

trudelmj said...

Thank you, Lynn, for your idea!

Here's mine on my blog:
http://alapause.blogspot.com/2009/09/boites-oreiller-citrouille.html

Kim said...

You are always so super creative! I love this bucket Lynn, thanks for sharing the how to :)

Lori Jane Mittlestadt said...

Love your bucket! So cool to use those dies for "other than intended" uses. Very sweet. TY, lorijane

BealcA's Pad said...

They are both neat. I am new at this, and so it is fun to be able to see the different cards and projects that stampers so. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Betyy

Natalie said...

I cannot get over how BRILLIANT this little pumpkin bucket is, and the card is just so adorable! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Raven B said...

This is simply amazing! Into the craft room I go...thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs,
Raven