Monday, July 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire - A Friend

Hi there and good morning!  I've got another card for the Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire that I'm sharing today.  For this card I used the Watercolor Like a Master with Kay Miller challenge.  If you're in the card making/papercrafting community then I'm sure you've seen and have heard of Kay Miller and know how gorgeous her cards are.  Kay creates the most beautiful watercolors on her cards and for this challenge she is sharing her first ever video on how she watercolors, so be sure to pop over and watch.
For my card I used the PTI stamp sets Garden Grace and Choose Joy.  I started out with a piece of watercolor paper and by stamping the solid leaf stamp with limeade ice ink and then stamping the solid flower stamp in berry sorbet ink.  Then I used my water brush and blurred the edges of some of the flowers and leaves careful not to have the colors run together too much.  Next I added some water to the center of my card and added some aqua mist ink.  After that I inked up the outline leaf stamp in ocean tides and stamped over the solid leaves and inked up the outline of the flower in pure poppy ink and stamped that.  I ended up adding a few single flowers and sets of leaves along the edge of my card just to fill it in a bit more and then I went back in again with my water brush and softened some of the edges on the stamped images.  Once the center of my paper was dry, I stamped my sentiment and glued on some iridescent sequins.

Pin It

2 comments:

Dawn Z said...

I love this stamp set and adore what you've made with it. Stunning!!

Diana K said...

Sigh. You did amazing work for SAF, Lynn. This card is gorgeous.