Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Party Animals - (CTD399)

Hi there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
For my card I used the fun Lawn Fawn stamp set, Party Animal along with the coordinating dies.  The detail work is in the little animals and accessory pieces.  I colored the bear, birds, party hats and cake using Copic markers and for the balloons I ended up paper piecing from some scrap paper I had from my stash.  I die cut a square of white cardstock and a quarter of a circle from chocolate chip cardstock for a hill and arranged my scene, popping up the two birds and birthday cake.  I added the square scene I created to a panel of pure poppy stripped designer paper which I die cut using a stitched rectangle die and under that I added a white scalloped panel.  I stamped my happy birthday sentiment on a strip of white cardstock and adhered that across the lower portion of my card.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Kara Vrabel - June Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!


Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

1 comment:

Broni said...

Such a fun birthday card, Lynn! I love how you used the tiny white dots on the cheeks! What a neat little touch!