Sunday, May 4, 2014

SSSC#218 - Hello There

 Hello there!  If you're a follower or subscriber to my blog, you might be wondering where I've been over the last month or more.  It's a long story and I usually don't share my private life here on my blog but here goes...(I'll try and keep this short). 
About a year and a half ago my youngest son was diagnosed with scoliosis, the first doctor that we took him to recommended that he wear a back brace to try and correct my son's curvature.  The doctor did think it was odd that 1.) My son was so young to have the curvature he had (5-6 years old) 2.) He was male as most cases of scoliosis are female and 3.) That my son had a lot of muscle stiffness.
 
After many month's of wearing a back brace with no success in holding his curve or improving his scoliosis, we were recommended to another pediatric orthopedic doctor who was wonderful.  This doctor was not only great with my son and my husband and I but also recommend that my son have an MRI.  Having an MRI literally saved my son's life, because the results showed that my little guy had a three inch tumor within his spinal canal and that he had what is called a sirnix (an abscessed filled with spinal fluid) putting pressure on all his nerve endings within his spine and pressure on the spine it self which in turn caused his scoliosis to become so sever.
On March 28th my little guy had extensive back surgery (he's seven years old) to remove the tumor.  I Thank God for giving us the talented pediatric neurosurgeons that operated on my son, they truly are miracle workers. And so thankful to all of our family and friends who were there to help support us and pray for our son. After two weeks of waiting to hear from pathology, we were blessed with the news that the tumor they took out was benign.  But because only 95% of the tumor could be removed during surgery and the chance that the 5% that's left may grow back, he may still require radiation.  As of today he is doing so incredibly well, it's amazing, he's almost back to his old self again.
Soooo...that's what I've been up to over the last month.
As far as my card goes for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, I kept it fairly simple.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Ruby Rose (I just love that set) along with the coordinating dies and the sentiment is from Mini Blooms.  The colors are Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Summer Sun, Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss.  Karen's thrown me off with this tilty top panel sketch, I kept tilting my head to try and make it look right.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Stampers have created:
Pin It

21 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow. What a stressful time for all of you! Happy to hear he is more like himself again and getting better. Wishing him the best. Your card is lovely; I really like the white panel.
Hugs,
Lesley

Vicki Stys said...

Lynn, I'm so happy to hear that Connor is doing much better. Kids are so resilient. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Beautiful card, as usual :)

Lisa Kind said...

So happy you got a second opinion and that your precious little boy is doing well! Lovely card!

Kristi said...

How scary for your family! I'm glad everything is going well with your son's recovery.

Beautiful card! I love the bright colors against the white panel.

Marisa said...

This card screams spring - love it :) SO THANKFUL for the news about your son!!! Miracles happen every day, we just need to look for them :) What a wonderful relief for your mama heart ((hugs))!

Tracy said...

Lynn I was in tears reading this both those of a worried mom and thankful ones that he is going to be okay! Your beautiful card is the cherry on top of this post. I'll be sending love and prayers your way! (((hugs))))

Vicki Burdick said...

So glad you are back with us this week Lynn and so glad your son is doing well, I know that was a difficult time for all of you!! Your card is fab! Love the colors you used!! Happy Sunday my friend!!

Barbara said...

Beautiful card, Lynn! Love the pops of color on the white!

So glad your sweet boy is doing well--it's good to have you back!

Dana White said...

Lynn I'm so happy to hear your son is doing well and recovering from the surgery. I'm glad there is relief for you too!
Your card is gorgeous. The bright colours are so cheery

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm so happy to hear your son is doing better! You have been through so much stress, but thankfully you seem to be on the other side of it now. Your card is just beautiful and your tilted panel looks perfect to me! Glad you are back!

Lori said...

So glad to hear your son is doing better, Lynn! You and your family have been in my thoughts. Your card is lovely. The bright colors and floral images are just perfect for spring.

Karen Motz said...

So happy to hear your little guy is doing so much better after a successful surgery! You must be so happy too because it's reflected in the gorgeous, cheery card you created!

Wanda Cullen said...

Lynn, this card is stunning and I love that it screams spring with all the vivid colors! So happy for you that your little guy is doing so well! It's amazing how kids have so much resilience and can bounce back from surgery so well!

marlene kiley said...

Lovely summery cards. Color choice is super.

Susi said...

So glad to hear your son is on the mend - I hope he continues to improve! Gorgeous card - love how bright & colourful it is!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So happy to hear your little boy is doing so well. I can only imagine the emotional journey that you nad your family have been on. But everything must be getting better, because your card is pure happiness! Praise God for his many blessings!

Debra said...

So glad things are going better for your family. Getting a second opinion was such a good idea! Very stressful time and glad you are now able to concentrate on his recovery.

Robin K. said...

Sending positive thoughts for a full recovery for your little guy! Just wanted to let you know your cheery card inspired me to CASE it on my recent blog post:)

Lin said...

Just love your card, Lynn! Coming here from Robin's blog, where she CASEd this card. Love your work, I'm your newest follower!

JoAnn said...

Praise God your son is doing better, so glad to hear it. Sending prayers for him and your family.
Your card is so pretty. Love it.

Julie said...

I am glad that he has such a good prognosis and that the new doctor was wise enough to ask for an MRI. Lovely card, too.