Sunday, March 23, 2014

SSSC#212 - Feather Finery

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.
 
For this week's sketch I created two card using the Papertrey Ink stamp set Feather Finery and water-colored backgrounds.  For the above card I did a wash of turquoise on the background, then heat embossed a white feather off center.  Then I layered a yellow feather on top of that which was stamped in yellow with the white dots heat embossed.
For the card below I flipped the sketch and used a wash of three colors for my background.  I kept this card simple with two feathers with silver dots, the bird, my sentiment and a few sequins. 
Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Stampers have created:
Pin It

8 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Oh wow, Lynn! I love that beautiful background and the pop of red and yellow. This is amazing! And your second card is gorgeous! Love those soft hues.

Barbara said...

Sigh. I do love that feather. And the little bird is a perfect accent. Fabulous card, Lynn!

Vicki Burdick said...

So loving both of these Lynn!! That second card is my fave the colors are ah-mazing!!

Karen Motz said...

Ooh Lynn! These are both so pretty and delicate!

Jackie Pedro said...

These are both so beautiful, Lynn!

Dana White said...

These are both stunning cards Lynn

Unknown said...

Beautiful watercoloured feathers and background!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Completely GORGEOUS creations Lynn!! I have been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. Just wanted to know you have hugs coming from CA. Have a Happy Easter. XO