Sunday, April 22, 2012

SSSC157 - Sunflower Birthday

It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!
Karen has another great sketch for all of us to create with for the next two weeks, she knows exactly how much all of us Sweet Sunday Stampers love a good tilted panel when it comes to making cards, lol.  All kidding aside, even though a tilted panel is a bit of a struggle, that's what a challenge is all about...trying something you might not normally do.  So even though I fought to straighten out my main panel and tape it down, I didn't!  I did however find myself tilting my camera while taking pictures for some reason lol.
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Simple Sunflower and Think Big Favorites #12.  I started out with a chocolate chip card base, added a white panel and then an embossed panel of designer paper.  I stamped my happy birthday sentiment and sunflowers and added the single die cut sunflower using foam tape.  My card felt a little off balanced so I added the large brown button on the left above the banners to off set it a bit.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse 
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs
Dana White: Dana's House of Cards
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing
Tarynne Wise - All Tarynne - Our Guest Sweet Sunday Stamper

10 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

I just love everything about this card, Lynn! So bright and cheerful... I definitely feel a CASE coming on :D

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Lynn! Love those big flowers and how you've added dimension!!! Fabulous!

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! Another BEAUTY Lynn! Love it!

Karen Giron said...

GASP! Sunflowers!!! I love this card and the little button accent is the perfect touch. Love this!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love the raised sunflower!

Dana White said...

These sunflowers are fabulous & how brilliant are you popping the one outside the panel!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card!

Vicki Burdick said...

SHUT UP!!! This is amazing!!! I love those sunflowers, you rocked this sketch, just gorgeous!!!!!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE those gorgeous sunflowers and the one popped on foam tape adds wonderful dimension!!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

very sweet card!!!!
love the colros!!!!!
tfs:)