Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 2 of Artistic Etchings Collection

Hello!  It's day two of sharing a few of the Vintage projects I've created using some of the products from the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog.  Today I have a round card and a pillow box treat hold that's fit for a Queen.  The tag on the round card was first stamped with the medallion from the Artistic Etchings stamp set then sponged with Daffodil Delight, then I took and used the Basic Black ink pad directly around the edges of the tag for more distressing.  I stamped the "Amour" and added my stamped and cut out Eiffel Tower with Dimensionals.  The Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder (love it) was sponged with the DD ink as well so the embossing would pop and the Tiny Tag was stamped distressed and tucked in just under the knot of the two ribbons.  This was so fun and easy to create!

Supplies: Artistic Etchings, Tiny Tags, Medium Jewelry tag punch, Newsprint DSP, Ribbons, Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder, Scallop Trim border punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Filigree Designer brad, Rhinestone brad, Nestabilities dies, Sponge, Dimensionals.  Colors: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight.
If you've had a chance to look over the new Stampin' Up! catalog you'll see on page 123 (you can view the catalog by clicking the link in my side bar) that they have these fun pinched flowers I guess you could call them.  Well I wanted to try and make some so I used this one on the top of my Queenie Pillow Box.  To make a pinched flower I used a piece of 1 1/8" x 11" Daffodil Delight card stock and punched the long edge of it with my Scallop border punch, then scored in between each scallop, folded and taped end to end.  I'm sure there is another way of putting these together (if there's a hard way I've usually got it covered) but I took Tacky Tape and taped a large punched out circle as a base underneath and taped the crown and punched circles to the top.
Supplies: Pillow Box Bigz Die, Artistic Etchings, Newsprint DSP, Tiny Tags, Jewelry Tag punch, Scallop border punch, Scallop Trim border punch, Circle punches, Ribbon, Tacky Tape, Dimensionals.

To place an order any time visit my Stampin' Up web site here.

10 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm a huge fan of this set and color combo. I think Daffodil Delight is my new favorite too! Love the projects you've created!

Unknown said...

This is sooo pretty! I love it!

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

OMG, Lynn... this is stunning!!!!!! Wow!! You will make me purchase this set yet! Love the colors and the layered brads!

Kitty A. said...

This is a marvelous creation! So many wonderful design elements. I agree that this color combo is stunning. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I think the flower is wonderful! I'd love to have a go myself, thank you so much for sharing :)
Aliessa Preston

Allison said...

Stunning! Love the colour combo and all the embellishments!

Olivia said...

Amazing design and colors.
Fresh new look.

Olivia

The Inked Stamper said...

WOW! I love your style! Great blog!

Create With Christie said...

I'm in love with these projects! You are one talented woman. www.stampshacklady.blogspot.com

Jayne Stenstrom said...

Love this card - I think it's one of my favorites that I've seen with this stamp set!