Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Twick or Tweet

Is it Halloween time yet? I don't know about the rest of you but I'm a BIG fan of Halloween, I like cute and fun Halloween not creepy blood and guts Halloween. So when I saw the new Halloween stamp sets in the up coming Stampin' Up Holiday Mini catalog I knew I would have fun creating with them. This first card is for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge which was a little difficult for me because I like things all straight and lined up and the sketch called for two strips on different angles. This card turned out to have way too many layers on it, more than I thought I was going to use but I liked the Old Olive Top Note layer because it added more color.



Supplies: Twick or Tweet, Cast-A-Spell DSP, Top Note Sizzix die, Nestie, Circle punch, Corner tag punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Piercer, Ribbon, Brad, Dazzling Diamonds (on the stars in hat), Aqua brush, Pop dots. Colors: Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Only Orange, Summer Sun, Whisper White.



This second card was created using the sketch from the Stamping 411 site, this is the first time I've participated in one of their sketch challenges and I enjoyed it. This was a fun and easy card to create, I used the Cast-A-Spell designer paper along the top of the card and rolled the Haunting Hill wheel with Old Olive ink on the bottom of the card. I love this image from the Twick or Tweet stamp set, it makes me smile, after stamping the image in black I used my aqua brush with a little Old Olive on it and added some color. I think it would be fun if someone came out with some glow in the dark ink for Halloween, would that be neat?


Supplies: Twick or Tweet, Haunting Hill wheel, All Holidays, Cast-A-Spell DSP, Nestie, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Brads, Piercer, Aqua brush, Ribbon, Pop dots. Colors: Basic Black, Old Olive, Whisper White.


Thanks so much for visiting!

17 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Cute...I'm with you...just don't give me skulls...YUCKY! I keep thinking "What was SU! thinking? " LOL.

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Love both cards but the first one is my fave! Great job on the sketch challenge. What a fun Halloween card :-)

Dawn Easton said...

Super cute Halloween cards, Lynn! Thanks for inspiring me to dig my stuff out!

Ann Kranitz said...

super cute work Lynn!!! Love that skeleton!! Hysterical..

Jena said...

Cute cards - I like Halloween, too and have to talk myself out of buying too many cute Halloween stamps ;-) TFS!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

both cards are super cute!

Connie Babbert said...

VERY cute...I just got this set even thought I PROMISED myself I wouldn't buy another Halloween set! Oh well...LOVE your card! Thanks for playing along this week!

Krista said...

I love both cards !!!

Shy said...

Love the colors in that first one! Both are very fun!

tanjafussell said...

You are so talented! These are terrific!

Tammi said...

It must be close because I've been wanting to make some Halloween cards lately! :) That skeleton image...lol! Great background! Love the pumpkin one too, great image, colors and design!

Anonymous said...

These halloween cards are super adorable! Awesome job.

Tina said...

Love them both. I adore all the layers on the first one and that super cute image too. You have the best eye for color.

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Love both your cards, love the layers, your colour combos are so great! I have a hard time with that, even with the coach wheel in front of my nose... TFS, and congrats on making the top five on 411! Hugs always!

Dani said...

Too cute! I love them!

Priscilla said...

I love both of these cards! Halloween is my fave holiday. :o)

~*Priscilla Aguilar*~
http://faeriedreamsandpaperwishes.blogspot.com

Stamp and Smile said...

Wonderful cards Lynn! I just LOVE how you used the TOP NOTE die in the first card and fantastic colors on both... I'm getting ready for Halloween! :)