Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Hello, Lovely - CTD481

Good morning!  It’s Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge!  We have the colors dark purple, light purple, off white and brown to create with this week.
For my card, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set, Gran’s Garden and stamped the flowers in winter wisteria and royal velvet and the stems in kraft. I die cut and stamped in brown ink, two of the wreaths from the Twig Wreath stamp set.  After arranging my flowers and stems on the wreath, it still felt like something was missing and so I stamped and die cut a little bird from the Spring Woods set.  I stamped the bird in kraft, black and gray ink and tucked him in with the flowers. I used a white card base, then added a panel of off white paper that had some flecks of purples in it, then I added some polka dot and plaid royal velvet patterned paper. I stamped the Hello, Lovely from the Happy for You stamp set in brown ink along the bottom and added a die cut stitched rectangle of kraft cardstock which I popped up with foam tape. I glued on the twig wreaths, adhered my flowers and stems and added the bird with foam tape.  To finish off my card I added some purple glitter Stickles to the centers of each flower.
For more inspiration, check out the design team's blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Claire - February Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

This is a lovely card. I especially like to see a combination of sets like you used on this card. Thanks for sharing.

Stampingcountry said...

Fun card for the Color Throwdown Challenge! Like the polka dots!

Marisa said...

You are the master of this stamp set, Lynn! Another beautiful card using Gran's Flowers and love the addition of the bird.