Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Bloom & Grow - CTD480

Happy Valentine’s Day!  I delayed my post for this mornings Color Throwdown Challenge because this is actually the card I’m giving to my mom (along with some flowers) when I take her to lunch today.  We have some lovely new colors for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge and we hope you’ll play along.
 I have been wanting the Papertrey Ink Make-It Market Kit: Bloom & Grow since it came out and just last week I saw that a blogging friend was selling her’s so I snatched it up. 
To make my card, I started out with a white card base, added a stitched die cut panel of orchid opulence cardstock and a vertical strip of pale gray gingham Doodlebug paper.  Next I used the Mix & Mat: Scallops Die and die cut a piece of white cardstock and adhered that to my card with foam tape. After that it was time to have some fun using the kit!  I die cut the pot from smokey shadow cardstock and then die cut the main flower portion, three of the individual flowers and two of the detail pieces to go around the pot.  I used the stencils that came with the kit to stencil in some ink (limeade ice, new leaf, smoky shadow and orchid opulence) and then stamped in some details using the coordinating stamps.  For the three main flowers, I stamped them in orchid opulence ink, stamping off for the whole flower and full strength for the top detail, then adhered them with foam tape. I wanted to take pictures of the top flower portion pulled out and the inside because that’s where I stamped my sentiments but I forgot. 
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Claire - February Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: