Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving - (CTD470)

Hello!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  
 For my card, I used the colors from this week's Color Throwdown Challenge and was also inspired by the current Paper Smooches November Challenge which is all about Fall.
To create my card I used the Paper Smooches stamp set My Peeps along with the coordinating My Peeps die cuts to create a Thanksgiving card.  The birds in this set crack me up, they are so adorable.  The bird I used to make the turkey can also be made into a peacock.  I cut a square card base, added a panel of chocolate chip cardstock with a strip of Doodlebug Designs Happy Harvest paper.  Next I die cut a stitched white square and a summer sun cardstock banner. I used the Lawn Fawn stamp sets, Happy Happy Happy plus the Add On set to stamp and die cut my sentiment.  I stamped the images for my turkey and colored them with Copic markers then die cut the birds body and fussy cut the rest and adhered them together.  I added a square of summer sun cardstock to my white stitched piece and added my turkey with foam tape.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Kelly Lunceford - November Guest Designer


Paper Smooches MY PEEPS Clear Stamps Kim Hughes

Paper Smooches MY PEEPS ICONS Wise Dies M1D225


Lawn Fawn SET LF17SETHHH HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Clear Stamps and Dies


RESERVE Lawn Fawn HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ADD-ON Clear Stamps LF1478



I hope those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving have a wonderful day with family and friends.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fabulous turkey image (he is definitely strutting his stuff - lol!). Love your card! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!