Saturday, September 16, 2017

A Magical Day

Hi there and Happy Saturday!  I'm popping in today to share a trio of cards that I made using the Avery Elle stamp set, Be a Unicorn.
The first thing I did was to stamp my images and color them using Copic markers.  Next I die cut my images using the Be a Unicorn dies and set them aside while I worked on my cards.  I cut three white square card bases from white cardstock, three square frames using the Single Stitched Line Square Frames die and six sections of clouds using the Puffy Cloud Borders dies.  After that, I die cut a square from a piece of computer paper to make a mask and added temporary adhesive to the back of it and placed it over the front of each card so that I could stencil in some clouds for my background.  A while ago I was in need of a cloud stencil and I improvised by making my own using the cloud dies I have and die cutting them from pieces of scrap watercolor paper.  So that's what I used on each card front (see photo below).  I used shaded lilac, spun sugar and tumbled glass distress inks and just moving the die cut cloud pieces around and flipping them over and blending on some distress ink and there you have it, clouds.  Once my background was finished on each card, I used my Misti tool and stamped my sentiment then I glued on my die cut frames and adhered the die cut clouds, popping up the top layer, and then added my stamped images.  To finish off my cards, I added some Wink of Stella glitter pen to the unicorns and some icicle Stickles to the stars.
These cards were so fun to create!  So girlie!  And of course I always dress up my envelopes with some stamping and washi tape.  I made goodie bags up for my daughter, her roommate and my niece, who all go to the same college, and put these cards inside them.  

Avery Elle Steel Die BE A UNICORN DIES 023659

My Favorite Things SINGLE STITCH LINE SQUARE FRAMES Die-Namics MFT951

Lawn Fawn PUFFY CLOUD BORDERS Lawn Cuts LF915

No comments: